11-16-2018 05:53 AM
Hi everyone, I have a problem that I have on a Lenovo yoga notebook that I can not solve after trying countless times to install Windows 10 64 bit.
The pc has its own hard disk and starts regularly but wanting to mount a ssd I opened it, mounted the disk and started the installation from usb pen drive for the installation of the operating system.
The installation starts regularly in uefi bios mode, eliminates the partition and recreates it proceeds until the reboot and then goes into the "attached image" error ..
From here it does not move, I made the following attempts ..
- Changed ssd with another
- Try all the microsoft tools, from repair boot to restore installation
- Installation from the original Windows 10 CD
- In-depth hardware diagnostics
- Updated bios
- Cloned disk running on ssd
Tried to finally install on an external USB HDD and the installation does it but if I then insert it into the PC gives me another error ..
It seems as if it is tied to the original disk and it was not possible to replace it but it is also quite improbable
Do you know what you can depend on?
11-16-2018 02:31 PM
Welcome to the Community Forums.
May I know what specific SSD are you trying to install on the Yoga notebook? Can you give us the exact model number of your Yoga notebook so we can further check the upgrade options.
In addition, according to the error code it has something to do with the following Invalid boot.ini configuration, Corrupt boot volume, Corrupted or deleted ntoskrnl.exe.
Kindly perform the troubleshooting steps below and see if this will fix the error.
- Press F8 while booting the system to go into the Windows Recovery Menu.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options to get into Automatic Repair menu.
- We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type in the following commands, one after the other:
- Exit and now go ahead and reboot your system. In some cases, you may need to run some additional commands.
bootsect /nt60 SYS or bootsect /nt60 ALL
Update us how it goes.
11-19-2018 01:08 AM
hi JanGab_Lenovo, thanks for your support..
My laptop is "20CD00AJIX"
The ssd that i install is "pny cs900" or "Transcend ssd230s".
I followed the procedure you gave me but the result is this "look attached"
11-19-2018 06:27 AM
Could you try the steps on this video provided on this forum: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/BCD-boot-error-0xc0000098/td-p/3534147?CID=ww:lenovosocial:2....
06-05-2019 01:39 AM - edited 06-05-2019 01:42 AM
Let me share a beautiful info-graphics to help installing Win 10.
Image Credits: https://www.hows.tech/