cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeep_ghosh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,693
Message 1 of 2

Unable to update driver Yoga 910 - Error: "This operation requires an interactive window station"

Hello,

I have a Lenovo 910, since the last windows update, my display driver stopped working. I went to device manager and uninstalled the display driver and tried to re-install again, I am getting an error that "This operation requires an interactive window station".

I tried to update the driver from Lenovo 'Vantage' app as well as from the support website using "Automatic Driver Update" option, both failed to update the driver. 😒

I did some research online, they are advising to update the permissions in "System32\drivers" and "System32\DriverStore" folder, but I don't want to mess-up with the windows internal folder permissions. Does anyone faced this issue? My laptop is still under warranty, if I reach lenovo service, can they fix it?

Regards,

Sandeep

driver error.PNG

sandeep_ghosh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,668
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to update driver Yoga 910 - Error: "This operation requires an interactive window st

I have fixed the issue.

I went to this website (https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vis...) to add a new context menu to "Take Ownership" of a folder.

Then I had taken ownership of "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" and "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore" and added full control to the Administrator.

After that when I tried to install drivers, it worked fine! 😊

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors