Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHNOG
Paper Tape
Views: 573
Message 1 of 3

Unable to update the graphics drivers of a Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB

It has come to my attention that the graphics drivers on my lenovo yoga 720 are out of date. A bit of background info, I have an Intel HD Graphics 630 graphics card, with windows 10 x64. The lenovo website states that the graphics drivers you are supposed to use on your computer are supposed to be downloaded from the manufacturer that made your computer's graphics card. Since I have an intel graphics card, I attempted to download the most recent graphics driver avaiable on the intel website, the Widnows 10 DCH drivers. The problem is that I always recieve this error message after trying to install it: "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

Considering my computer is telling me I need to recieve the driver from Lenovo, and the Lenovo website is telling me I need to get the driver from Intel, I am not exactly sure how I am supposed to resolve this problem. It is worth nothing that intel does not provide the .zip file for the graphics driver, which means the method of manually uploading the drivers does not work anymore. Can anyone help me figure out how to bypass this error message/get the driver from lenovo themselves?

Guru
Views: 529
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to update the graphics drivers of a Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB

Hi,

Normally you get the graphics driver from the laptop manufacturer and not the video card makers website.  For 720-15ikb I found the drivers on the drivers download site.  I did not see where it says you should download from intel?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-720-15ikb/download...)

Another option is to run Lenovo Vantage and let it install driver updates for you.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

connection1394
Paper Tape
Views: 58
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to update the graphics drivers of a Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB

Hello Everyone,

I've had similar problem some minutes ago with my new T490 that has Intel HD Graphics 620, with Win 10 Pro x64. After scan "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" showed certain amount of available updates (WiFi, Bluetooth, NVMe and Intel HD Graphics 620), which Lenovo Vantage haven't shown as available updates. Most probably because manufacturers often don’t keep these drivers updated, and you may need a newer version of for example graphics driver to fix bugs or achieve faster performance in some games. Newer versions may only be available from Intel directly as in my case.

I'll quote this:
"Why Your Manufacturer May Prevent You From Installing Drivers

..Manufacturers enable this setting because they’re cautious. They can only allow drivers they’ve tested to run on your PC. However, we don’t see any reason why the standard Intel drivers shouldn’t work on PCs with just Intel graphics. Computer manufacturers can’t customize this Intel graphics hardware, so Intel’s own drivers should be fine."

To be able to manually update, first download right version of Intel driver .zip package, extract and then open Device manager to be able to update drivers manually. The rest of the process should be easy for anyone with barely advanced knowledge.

Cheers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors