Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GitteTJ
What's DOS?
Views: 778
Message 1 of 4

Unstable pressure sensitivity with Active Pen 2 on Yoga 530

Hi,

I've just bought the Yoga 530 laptop along with the Active Pen 2, but the pen is displaying some weird behavior:

Often, when I touch the pen to the touch screen the pressure sensitivity is ignored so it just draws an even, fat line as if you were drawing with a mouse/trackpad. If I keep the pen pressed down for a while, f.ex. drawing a long line, the pressure sensitivity will kick in after a while - in other words, this doesn't seem to depend on how you "click" the touch screen. The pressure sensitivity usually also stays active if you make several quick strokes right after each other. Then if you stop drawing for a few seconds it disappears again.

Here's an example:

pressure sensitivity issue.png

I've tested this in Clip Studio Paint and Krita with the same result.

I'm running Windows 10 v1809

Some things I've already tried:

• Enabling and disabling Tablet Mode (makes no difference)
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver (Active Pen Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Yoga 530-14IKB, Flex 6-14IKB)
  • Enabled "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" in the Pen & Windows ink settings
  • Disabling all buttons (and hover click) on the pen via Lenovo Pen settings
  • Changed the pen tip sensitivity

Any ideas for what else I can try?

cevik
Paper Tape
Views: 726
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unstable pressure sensitivity with Active Pen 2 on Yoga 530

Hi , i've just bought same model and my computer started to act like same.

cevik
Paper Tape
Views: 711
Message 3 of 4

Hi GitteTJ, as i mentioned belove i had the same problem and contacted with the Lenovo technical service here in Turkey on chat. He sent me these links and installing them solved my problem.:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/tr/tr/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-530-14IKB/81EK/81E...

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/tr/tr/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-530-14ikb/81ek/81e...

GitteTJ
What's DOS?
Views: 685
Message 4 of 4

Thank you so much for the links! I actually got my pen to work properly before seeing this reply, but I'm not completely sure what did the trick. I already installed the intel chipset driver so maybe that was it.

Also, very specific to Clip Studio Paint, but if anyone else is having this issue it helped to go to Preferences > Tablet and switch "Using tablet service" to "TabletPC"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors