Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaseyD17
What's DOS?
Views: 1,882
Message 1 of 6

Update to Latest Intel Graphics Driver

Hello,

I have a Yoga 720 15" notebook and after updating Adobe Premiere Pro CC to the latest version, I have been prompted to update my Intel Graphics Driver. I didn't think much of it, so I went to the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and saw that listed under Intel HD Graphics 630, I have installed version x.x.x.4749 with an update available for the latest version, x.x.x.6890. 

The problem is that when I try to install the update via Intel's site, I get an error that reads, "The driver being installed is not valid for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

I then click to find more information and that Lenovo has their own (I suppose altered) version of this driver and that I need to get it from. When I went to Lenovo Support for the drivers, the only driver there is for the x.x.x.4749 version. I'll place my machine information below, but if anyone knows of a way to update these drivers, I would greatly appreciate it! 

YOGA 720-15IKB 80X7 

Intel i7-7700HQ

16.0 GB RAM 

I'm really new to this, so if there's any other information that would be needed, please let me know. I seriously appreciate anyone who helps as when I called Lenovo, they told me that since my warranty is over, they can't help me or point me in the right direction. 

Guru
Views: 1,867
Message 2 of 6

Re: Update to Latest Intel Graphics Driver

Does Adobe Premiere not function without this update? Or is it simply telling you to update but letting you use it anyway?

If the latter, then I wouldn't worry about updating.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,854
Message 3 of 6

In order to install the latest Intel DCH driver, you must first switch to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.    Before starting, download the lastest Intel DCH driver for your graphics adapter if you have not already, and disconnect any external monitors for the time being.

• Right-click on Start and select Device Manager

• Click on "Display Adapters" to expand, and then double-click on your Intel HD Graphics adapter

• Select the Driver tab -> "Update Driver" -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

• Select “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter”

• Click “Next” (note that you screen resolution will likely change) when it switches to the basic driver.

• Close Device Manager

You should now be able to install the latest DCH driver installation successfully.    If you run into any problems, you can always go back to the older Lenovo version.

Cheers, 

CaseyD17
What's DOS?
Views: 1,792
Message 4 of 6

You're THE MAN! Thank you so much, this worked quickly and easily and solved the issues I was having. Premiere Pro CC runs without fault now! Thanks again for taking the time to help me!
Amrosig
Paper Tape
Views: 1,515
Message 5 of 6

This helped me too!! Was going in circles with restarts and such.
Felix_HH
What's DOS?
Views: 670
Message 6 of 6

Hi - I have the same problem here. Also with latest version of C4D. It freezes on certain operations. And Maxon Support told me, that the log files tell them it's the old Intel driver causing this freezes. I didn't test this workaround with Microsoft Basic drivers etc.

But my Yoga is from 10/2017 (still having a couple of days warranty) and the driver it is running is older than that and still is the "up to date" driver they are using on this device. I think Lenovo Vantage only gave me 3 updates within 2 years of using this device. I know this Yoga is not top of the line, but not a cheap laptop by any means. So, I just have to say, that I am very disappointed with the support from Lenovo. I think they should care about their products for at least 4-5 years. I was Apple user for more then a decade and yes, they are expensive and not always offering a good performance. But I can say, that support for older Macs was always pretty good. I used every device I owned for more than 5 years without having trouble like this.

So Lenovo - please keep your products up to date! 

I'm sorry for posting it here, but this thread matched my issue the best.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors