08-20-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Updating Intel Display Driver

2020-08-20, 13:54 PM

I use Adobe Premiere on my Yoga 720-15lKB. I recently received an error from from Premiere that I'm using an unsupported driver. I downloaded the most current Intel Graphics Driver (27.xxxx) but when I try to install, I get the message that it can't install over the manufacturer provided driver. This laptop is now out of development so I'm guessing there won't be anymore driver updates. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the Intel display driver or if it's even something that should be done. I can still use Premiere and I haven't seen any crashes so maybe it's a moot point. According to Intel documentation, the driver supports the hardware so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas or recommendations?

Options

41 Posts

02-21-2020

Switzerland

41 Signins

290 Page Views

• Views: 290
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Updating Intel Display Driver

2020-08-21, 9:33 AM

1 Go to the driver in device manager

2 Press "Update Driver" 

4 Search for driver on the computer (lower button) 

5 Use the feature for "installed drivers" and check the list shown. 

6 Install the generic driver by Microsoft. The screen will still work perfectly. 

7 Close device manager. 

8 Fully shut down computer. 

9 Reboot the computer. 

10 Now install the newest driver from Intel. 

11 Reboot the computer. 

For the future:

Install the intel commodity app to automatically update Intel drivers (Intel Driver Update Manager). 

The Lenovo driver includes a feature to prevent updating non Lenovo (untested) drivers. This feature allows updating to Microsoft generic driver, which in turn may be overwritten. Lenovo's driver updates show a painfully slow cadence,  converging to zero over time. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms