Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erdemertan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,597
Message 1 of 5

Updating Intel graphics driver on Yoga 920

Intel updates their graphics driver recently which some nice fixes and some additional performance for some games/applications. When I tried to update the driver, the Intel tool gave a warning about installing the driver as the current driver in the laptop is configured by Lenovo. I am wondering if Lenovo will issue a new driver with their tuned-in parameters.. The current driver is based on old one and it is bad that we are missing those new enhancements. Thanks!

virtorio
Token Ring
Views: 1,560
Message 2 of 5

Re: Updating Intel graphics driver on Yoga 920

It is possible to install the Intel provided driver using Device Manager:

- Download the driver (choose the .zip file, not .exe file) from Intel Driver Download page for your GPU and extract to a folder (e.g. C:\Temp\VideoDriver)

- Open Device Manager, right click your Display Adapter and select Update Driver

- Click "Browse my computer for driver software"

- Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

- Click "Have Disk"

- Browse to the "Graphics" folder contained within the .zip file you extracted (e.g. C:\Temp\VideoDriver\Graphics) and select the .inf file

- Click Next and the updated driver will install.

Erdemertan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,545
Message 3 of 5

Thanks a lot! Do you think that would it have any incompatibility issue with the Lenovo add-ons?

virtorio
Token Ring
Views: 1,532
Message 4 of 5

It's always possible you could experience issues, but I've been running manually installed drivers on my 910 without issue since I bought it (plus every other laptop I've owned for the last 10+ years, because laptop manufactures are always slow getting driver updates out, if they bother to release them at all).
FGG-IBCA
Blue Screen Again
Views: 904
Message 5 of 5

@virtorio wrote:
It's always possible you could experience issues, but I've been running manually installed drivers on my 910 without issue since I bought it (plus every other laptop I've owned for the last 10+ years, because laptop manufactures are always slow getting driver updates out, if they bother to release them at all).

I had the same problem with the driver installation complaining that it was not approved by Lenovo.

So I used the method you suggested,

I dowloaded and installed today the latest Intel UHD Graphics 620 for my Yoga920-13IKB as it was indicated by the Intel Drivers & Support Assistant.

Instead of using the win64_24.20.100.6025 .exe I used the zip file  win64_24.20.100.6025.zip downloaded from Intel support and unzipped it. 

Then I pointed the update from device manager to the folder Graphics\igdlh64.inf and the divers update completed succesfully,

The  driver is 24.20.100.6025 dated 04/25/2018.

After the installation I also see the Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel in the task bar.

Everything seems to work fine and the Intel Drivers & Support Assistant shows that all my Intel drivers are up to date.

I'm running the latest Windows 10 x64 Version 1803 Build 17134.1.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors