Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gigiusia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,124
Message 1 of 7

Use an external battery

Hello, I recently bought a Yoga 730-15IKB and I wanted to know if it is possible to use an external battery to power the PC.
I tried with a Ravpower battery with a USB-C port but it does not seem to work.
Thanks for every suggestion

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,107
Message 2 of 7

Re: Use an external battery

Don't know much about Ravpower, but if it doesn't offer 20v (check the specs of the specific model), it won't work. These things won't charge with ordinary 5v battery packs and adapters. Gotta have one that'll do 20v. Even then, you may need to try a few as it seems USB-C device makers don't test their products with everything and the whole USB-C standard is still a bit ...fluid.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Guru
Views: 1,098
Message 3 of 7

Lenovo also has a USB C laptop battery pack: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/chargers-and-batteries/power-banks/USB-C-Lapto...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,095
Message 4 of 7

@gigiusia,

Which Ravpower unit did you try?  I looked at the XTREME 26800mAh specs and it says 20V @ 1.5A.  That's 30W.  The 730 is shipped with at 65W or 90W power supply.  The Ravpower may not provide - or negotiate - sufficient wattage.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

gigiusia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,060
Message 5 of 7

I got a glare, the output of the power supply is 20V-4.5A and certainly can not work with my charger, thank you very much.

gigiusia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,059
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the information but in Poland it is not sold yet.

gigiusia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,058
Message 7 of 7

my Ravpower is from 20100 mAh and it's not good, thanks for the information

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors