Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielpom
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 1 of 5

Usin the Keyboard When Flipped

Hi guys,

Do any of you know if it is possible to use the keyboard while the screen is flipped? 

Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 89
Message 2 of 5

Re: Usin the Keyboard When Flipped

Model?

I haven't tried it, but I guess you could turn off the sensors and YMC services. That way, it won't KNOW you've flipped it.  I guess if we knew WHY you'd want to do that, it'd help. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
danielpom
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the answer Doctordon,

My model is Yoga C930

(not to confuse with the Yoga Book C930).

I would like to use the keyboard while the computer is connected to an external monitor, and would like for esthetics to fold the screen in order for the computer to sit flat on the table, and the attached screen will not be visible (since I turn it off).

Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 68
Message 4 of 5

I had much the same idea as you, but wound up using an external keyboard, instead. When I'm doing something in this configuration, the 910's lid-closing setting is set to "do nothing."  It sits unobtrusively near the monitor it's connected to. I find using a standard wireless keyboard better in that the function keys ARE function keys (the keyboard also has its own set of media keys), I have a full-size number pad, as well as arrow keys, PgUP, PgDn, etc. And the key pitch is more condusive to my touch-typing style. I personally think it's easier than shutting off the sensors and then turning them back on. 

Someone may have a better thought or a shortcut that can shut the sensors down and turn them back on. But this is my take. Not what you asked, but possibly something to consider.

Another bonus: If you spill something on the external keyboard, it's not nearly the potential issue as knocking a drink into the C930. At $20US per, I keep one or two spare keyboards around at all times. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
danielpom
Paper Tape
Views: 43
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, it really is the better solution, I agree, and maybe in time, it will be my solution as well.
However, right now I Don't have the money to buy another keyboard, as well as I have quite a small desk, so I try to save the space. 

Thank you very much for the advice! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors