Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asena
Paper Tape
Views: 415
Message 11 of 17

Re: Using yoga 3 as a keyboard with external monitor

Yes, I charged it for a bout 1.5 hours to get it to 100%, I was quite suprised to see is come at about 66%.

I do have to say, I am having a lot of trouble with scaling and such. For example, an IDE that I like to use, netbeans,is almost unusable. The text scales fine, as I have scaling set to 150%. But the tabs in the top of windows is super tiny. Even if I change the resolution to 1080, many of the UI elements dont' change at all, and still are only a handful of pixels tall.

From reading, some scaling issues are solved with messing with text scaling and changing the resolution. Any tips on what helps more than others? I think I should have just gotten a 1080p laptop. Or hope Windows 10 solves these issues.

Guru
Views: 412
Message 12 of 17

You have to change resolution to 1080p AND

Go into "Make text and other items larger or smaller", change the size to larger, apply and RESTART the laptop.
Only after restart you will see the full change.

Now start any programs u wanna test
If still its bigger or smaller, adjust accordingly and restart.
---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Guru
Views: 403
Message 13 of 17

Here are 2 images on medium and large text settings for Netbeans IDE.

For me both are readable, but large is definitely better. Both taken at 1080p resolution.

Large.jpgMedium.jpg

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
rom123s
Punch Card
Views: 389
Message 14 of 17

It is not Windows the issue and W10 will not change any scaling issues. The developers must adapt their softwares for big definitions. And for the moment, there is not enough QHD+ or 4K displays on the market. But it will come ^^ It was worse 1 year ago.

There are issues with the sleep mode which drain the battery life, turn it off when you are not using it.

Views: 377
Message 15 of 17

Thanks so much, making it 1080, setting scaling to large, and restarting solve my netbeans issues. Thanks so much! Looks like I'll be changing resolution a lot with this, but at least it is very fast in booting. I am really enjoying this laptop. I find keyboard great and a joy to type on for extended time. 

zanecki
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 16 of 17

You are so polite. I simply want to use my laptop AS A KEYBOARD sometimes, since my external monitor is ALSO a touchscreen -- but when I flip my pc around and try to use it like a keyboard it works fine, BUT it will not light up, my shortcut keys are disabled, and there is no way to tell it to stop extending displays from this mode. Guess it means I must tell it BEFORE I flip it around that I no longer want to extend my display and how it should behave. NO TIME to figure this out - and not only tonight during a crucial biz project, but during xmas when I needed it to 'auto-swap' into a different mode, it would not.

searched for a setting resolution and ended up on this forum.

ugh. my job is not to do this type of research or product Q&A! My job does, however, rely upon my expensive technology to perform in such a way that it doesn't take research to figure out how to use it.

zanecki
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 17 of 17

I love my Yoga and also have a stunning external (connected) TOUCH SCREEN monitor - very nice set-up. But have encountered problems when I need to switch between different modes. Unsure if it a Win10 issue or Yoga issue but after 2 failed attempts in critical circumstances my patience grows weary. HOPING FOR A LENOVO REPLY SOON.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors