11-03-2013

United States

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 3

Very Confused By Relative Pricing for Feature Sets for Yoga Pro 2

2014-03-16, 20:03 PM

So I really just want three things. Orange, i7, 8gb RAM. I don't need more than 256GB storage. Heck if there were an option to get 128 or skip HD altogether I'd probably take that for the savings since it's likely I'd eventually be replacing the SSD with a faster one anyway, useless-modern-corporation-consumer-warranties be-**bleep**.

So why is my only option here the 512GB SSD $1600 dollar offering, which costs 400 more than an identical build in silver that has a 256GB ssd instead?

A 512GB SSD of this quality doesn't cost 400 dollars when purchased outright much less 400 dollars MORE than a 256GB so what am I really paying for here?

Of course I could've just got the 4 gig RAM version in orange and upgraded the RAM but 'doh! the Ram's soldered-in.

So what gives Lenovo? Why are you making it so hard for me to pull the trigger? I can deal with the yellow thing. I can replace the silly wireless cards you put in these things. I have money. Let me give it to you.

And yes, I'm a programmer. I know it's silly that "orange" is my sticking point here but I'm so sick of gray, black and silver technology.

Options

20 Posts

02-23-2014

US

70 Signins

1014 Page Views

• Views: 1014
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Very Confused By Relative Pricing for Feature Sets for Yoga Pro 2

2014-03-16, 21:19 PM

If you can live with silver rather than orange, your best bet is to order the Yoga 2 Pro from Best Buy for $1199 (http://bit.ly/1ibGwkD).  It's got the i7, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM.  I think it's a Best Buy only build.

Options

6 Posts

11-03-2013

United States

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Very Confused By Relative Pricing for Feature Sets for Yoga Pro 2

2014-03-16, 21:58 PM

I'm sadly not practical enough to live with silver, which is especially ugly on this form factor. I figured maybe there was a coupon or something that was keeping the price jacked up like that but even the one they show here:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/special-offers/overview/

doesn't work with any of the models.

At this point I'm not sure I'm patient enough to wait for the config I want to pop up on the configuration merry-go-round.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete