Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliBas
Paper Tape
Views: 684
Message 1 of 12

Very Slow Yoga510 FOR EVERYRHING

I have Lenovo Yoga510 for around 2 years. I have never seen such a very very very slow computer in my life, even in 90s. Since I bought this machine (I dont want to call it as computer since I am faster than it), this is so slow.

I opened a ticket locally and the provider changed the harddrive once since they said it was broken. But after this repair/change, it is exacly same.

Opening or shutting down take so much time, opening a standart Office application is really painfully, and doing something with it. When I hit any application, such as chrome, it starts is after 30 or more seconds... Sometimes, I am writing faster than "this thing" to show me what I write on Microsoft Word or any other application!!!

Can someone help me to make this "thing" as a computer? Otherwise this is better to be a brick on somewhere else!

Thanks,

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 653
Message 2 of 12

Re: Very Slow Yoga510 FOR EVERYRHING

Hi! Welcome to Community Forums. You can follow these troubleshooting steps to isolate and probably fix the issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

AliBas
Paper Tape
Views: 643
Message 3 of 12

All done already for a long time ago, nothing happened. Useless tips. These are basic steps for whom knows “a little bit” about computer world!
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 636
Message 4 of 12

Could you share us the exact model and/or machine type of your machine? So we can further check on the machine information.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AliBas
Paper Tape
Views: 605
Message 5 of 12

Lenovo YOGA 510-14ISK
Model Name 80S7
Mfg Date 16.06.04

Factory ID PRC4

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 602
Message 6 of 12

Thank you for the details. Please delete your recent post with the serial no. in it. You mentioned that you brought the laptop to a service provider for repair, and the hard drive was replaced. May we know when did that happen? Did you bring it to an authorized service center listed here https://lnv.gy/2IGpnTD ?

AliBas
Paper Tape
Views: 596
Message 7 of 12

I bought this computer from "Teknosa Company" (www.teknosa.com) in Turkey. I brought this computer back them for repair. This happened almost one year or a little more. I bought this computer 2 years ago as well.

Since Teknosa said they would take care of repair. Most probably they sent it to you in Turkey which most probably they have an aggreement one of your official authorized service centers.

Now most probably, this machine is not under guarantee!

One of the sympthom is, for example, while i am doing something, toolbar disappears suddenly and comes back in 30 secs part by part..
AliBas
Paper Tape
Views: 596
Message 8 of 12

I bought this computer on 21 September 2016 from Teknosa company from Turkey.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 590
Message 9 of 12

Have you tried Running a Hardware scan, especially for the Hard drive, with your Yoga 510? You could use our Lenovo Vantage to run the test. You could have that downoladed from this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/lenovo-companion/9wzdncrfj4mv . If ever no errors found using the Lenovo Vantage, we could use HDTune,a third party app, to confirm these results. You could have that downloaded in this link: https://www.hdtune.com/download.html . Also, scheck this link on how to check the Hard Drive using it: http://www.hdtune.com/faq_1.html

AliBas
Paper Tape
Views: 517
Message 10 of 12

I tried your advices but it shows nothing about the problem. this "thing" looks like working good! but even I compute faster than this "thing".

I really regret to buy this "thing" sold by the intent of computer, but it is NOT. Did you manufacture any computer ever? Since I am not sure whether you know what the computer is or not.

For example again!:

- when I hit something, -for example navigate to other tab in the web browser, it takes "seconds" to have a response from this "thing". be careful, just a response, not to change the tab!

- so many times, this "thing" freezed! so many times!! I received so many blue screen!

- when I hit Microsoft word document, it takes "at least" 1min and 33 secs to open, but it does not allow me to scrool down or up in a "few secs" more. I cannot see what I am writing on Word. I see what I wrote in "a few seconds" later... Is this really normal for your computers? I am familiars with computers for a long time, but this is really weird. I did not see this type of things ever. Even my computer from "2008", it is faster than this "thing"....

Are there anyone help me to understand and SOLVE;

1. why does my "task bar" always disappear and come back in "a few seconds" later?

2. why does this "thing" not behave like a computer? 

3. why does this "thing" so so so so slow?

I hope this explanation is fair enough what my problem is for you...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors