09-30-2018 05:04 AM - edited 09-30-2018 05:06 AM
I have Lenovo Yoga510 for around 2 years. I have never seen such a very very very slow computer in my life, even in 90s. Since I bought this machine (I dont want to call it as computer since I am faster than it), this is so slow.
I opened a ticket locally and the provider changed the harddrive once since they said it was broken. But after this repair/change, it is exacly same.
Opening or shutting down take so much time, opening a standart Office application is really painfully, and doing something with it. When I hit any application, such as chrome, it starts is after 30 or more seconds... Sometimes, I am writing faster than "this thing" to show me what I write on Microsoft Word or any other application!!!
Can someone help me to make this "thing" as a computer? Otherwise this is better to be a brick on somewhere else!
09-30-2018 01:09 PM - edited 09-30-2018 01:11 PM
Hi! Welcome to Community Forums. You can follow these troubleshooting steps to isolate and probably fix the issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance. Let us know how it goes.
10-06-2018 02:36 AM
Thank you for the details. Please delete your recent post with the serial no. in it. You mentioned that you brought the laptop to a service provider for repair, and the hard drive was replaced. May we know when did that happen? Did you bring it to an authorized service center listed here https://lnv.gy/2IGpnTD ?
10-06-2018 03:30 AM
10-06-2018 04:53 AM
Have you tried Running a Hardware scan, especially for the Hard drive, with your Yoga 510? You could use our Lenovo Vantage to run the test. You could have that downoladed from this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/lenovo-companion/9wzdncrfj4mv . If ever no errors found using the Lenovo Vantage, we could use HDTune,a third party app, to confirm these results. You could have that downloaded in this link: https://www.hdtune.com/download.html . Also, scheck this link on how to check the Hard Drive using it: http://www.hdtune.com/faq_1.html
11-04-2018 06:18 AM - edited 11-04-2018 06:21 AM
I tried your advices but it shows nothing about the problem. this "thing" looks like working good! but even I compute faster than this "thing".
I really regret to buy this "thing" sold by the intent of computer, but it is NOT. Did you manufacture any computer ever? Since I am not sure whether you know what the computer is or not.
For example again!:
- when I hit something, -for example navigate to other tab in the web browser, it takes "seconds" to have a response from this "thing". be careful, just a response, not to change the tab!
- so many times, this "thing" freezed! so many times!! I received so many blue screen!
- when I hit Microsoft word document, it takes "at least" 1min and 33 secs to open, but it does not allow me to scrool down or up in a "few secs" more. I cannot see what I am writing on Word. I see what I wrote in "a few seconds" later... Is this really normal for your computers? I am familiars with computers for a long time, but this is really weird. I did not see this type of things ever. Even my computer from "2008", it is faster than this "thing"....
Are there anyone help me to understand and SOLVE;
1. why does my "task bar" always disappear and come back in "a few seconds" later?
2. why does this "thing" not behave like a computer?
3. why does this "thing" so so so so slow?
I hope this explanation is fair enough what my problem is for you...