Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaulian
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,722
Message 1 of 4

Virtual machine won't work on my yoga 910 using VirtualBox

Hi,

I'm trying to run a 64bit virtual machine on my Yoga 910 using VirtualBox but fails to do so.

I use this machine already on another computer successfully, so it can't be the Ova file.

I checked the BIOS configuration and the "Intel Virtual Technology" is "Enabled".

When I start the machine it keeps saying "VT-x is not available".

I changed the virtual machine configuration to use less memory, and then a BSOD kept coming. 

One time the virtual machine did start working and then the error message within the virtual machine was something about not having an option to run 64bit operation system.

I looked and the virtual machine settings had only options for 32bit operation systems (screenshot attached).

I tried to switch between Quite Mode and High-Performance Mode in the BIOS but without any luck.

The BIOS version I have is 2jcn35ww.  

Please help -

How do I run the virtual machine on my Yoga 910?

How do I make the 64bit appear on my virtual machine settings?

Mayonez
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,636
Message 2 of 4

Re: Virtual machine won't work on my yoga 910 using VirtualBox

Hi Shaulian,

I have the very same issue on my Yoga 910 (Ubuntu 17.04, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD). I've tried Windows XP, 7 & 10 all with the same results.

WinXP will not even complete the install, file copy operations fail during installation.

Windows 7 installs (took 13 hours to complete) but runs so slow it take minutes for a mouse click to register on the interface. Then it bluescreens after a while.

Windows 10 took hours to install, I finally cancelled out of it. 

Net effect is I have no working VM, having had to delete all my previous efforts. Funny thing is my 10 year old Sony Viao Centrino laptop (4GB DDR2 RAM) running Ubuntu 17.04 can run my Window 7 & XP VMs with no worries.

Copied over a fully working Windows 7 VM (32-bit) from the Sony & it kept crashing on the Yoga. 64-bit Windows 7 won't even install, keeps complaining it cannot run a 64-bit VM. I've disabled Intel RST in the bios as recommended & the Yoga is VT-X enabled so should be no issues.

Totally frustrated at this stage & completely out of ideas. Any help appreciated from anyone who's managed to get VMs working on the Yoga 910.

Cheers.

sac123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,459
Message 3 of 4

Just enable VT-X:

Power off > Novo button (with a sharp pencil) > BIOS Menu > Enable Intel Virtual Technology

charlesnicholas
What's DOS?
Views: 334
Message 4 of 4

I have the same issue also. My virtual technology is enabled in the Bios and it still won't work.

At first, when I purchased this machine in 2017, I was having this same problem but there was a bios update that fixes the issue. Even though it does not fix all virtual machines I tried to install, but I was able to install and run some VMs. Now the VM I have installed before would not even power on.

I've attached a screenshot of the errors I'm getting.

I am currently frustrated by this issue, as I need this machine to do my school project and homework.

Thanks,

Charles

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors