Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McDwyer123
What's DOS?
Views: 347
Message 1 of 4

Warranty Status Check

Hello,

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga towards the end of 2014. It’s traveled a lot with me and I love it. Currently I’ve run in to some issues which occurred earlier in its life where the hard drive had come loose not allowing it to boot up. I could probably fix it but my daughter also broke the screen. Due to this I wanted to see if I could do a warranty repair. I know I purchased an extended warranty but I can’t find the serial number on my laptop (I believe it started to come off and my daughter just ripped the rest of it off). I have a reference number for the initial repair in 2015. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Reference Number 8004430641.

Thank You,

Daniel J. McDwyer

SeniorGuru
Views: 329
Message 2 of 4

Re: Warranty Status Check

Welcome to the forum.

Most of us here are just Lenovo customers so we can't access stuff like repair history. Have you called Lenovo support to see if they can work backwards from the Reference Number to obtain the serial number and thus establish warranty status?

Community SeniorMod
Views: 315
Message 3 of 4

Did you register it with Lenovo?  It would be listed under your Lenovo ID.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
SeniorGuru
Views: 263
Message 4 of 4

@richk wrote:

Did you register it with Lenovo?  It would be listed under your Lenovo ID.

Good point.

Another option if the Yoga still works is to go into Lenovo Vantage -> Health & Support -> Warranty and Services. That shows the warranty status. I don't know if registration and Lenovo ID are required for this to display. If the screen is broken try with an external monitor.

In any case the Vantage home page also shows the model and serial number along the bottom.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors