Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-18-2013

France

6 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 1

Warranty expiration date changed :(

2014-02-04, 19:20 PM

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with the warranty of my Yoga 13.

Ever since i bought it last year, the warranty expiration date on the lenovo site has been febuary 8th 2014.

I just sent it to support 2 weeks ago due to a problem with the screen and got it back today (perfect and quick service, works perfectly).

The Lenovo guy on the phone two weeks ago had told me about warranty extension and that if i wanted one, i should take one early febuary at last since that can take a few days. So as soon as i got it this morning, i logged onto the warranty site which told me "4 days ramaining".

I selected a two years extension for 56,35EUR, paid and received an email tonight from Lenovo Service Registration asking me to register the warranty.

Then come the problem, the system tells me my warranty has already expired.

When i now check my warranty, it says it has been expired since january 14. It has been changed during the day !

I looked a bit more into it tonight and i think i understand. I originally bought my pc on january 14 2013 so the new expiration date is the correct one and the old one was a mistake.

But i didn't rememer the exact day i bought it, and how should i have known that the warranty date on the lonovo page displayed on the lenovo page from last year until this morning was wrong.

I'll try to contact support tomorrow but i'm not sure that'll work since i have no proof whatsoever that the warranty end date was only corrected today.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms