US

27 Signins

201 Page Views

• Views: 201
  • Message 1 of 4

Wavy lines with Yoga 730 and Active Pen 2

2019-11-01, 21:36 PM

Hi, 
I have a new Lenovo Yoga 730-15IKB and an the active pen 2.
As I show in the attached video, I don't have control of my stroke when I dras slowly.
I want to know if this is a limitation of the hardware, an issue that can be solved with a driver, or just a defective device I received.
From the information I could find, this is a wacom technology and I neved had this problem with my Samsung Note or Intuos tablets.

Can you please tell me what is happening and if there is a solution?

Thanks, 
JoaquinGo to https://youtu.be/n0JdwgpEyqE

Options

32 Posts

07-11-2019

UA

58 Signins

573 Page Views

• Views: 573
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Wavy lines with Yoga 730 and Active Pen 2

2019-11-04, 14:13 PM

In my experience, it depends on software pretty much.

1. One test you can do: try to draw the line using the physical ruler. Is the line better? If yes, it means the pen detects your hand shaking, and your old software just had a better stabilization/smoothing settings.
2. Try to find a stroke stabilization, smoothing settings, and play around with them.

Regards

Options

3 Posts

11-01-2019

US

27 Signins

201 Page Views

• Views: 201
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-11-04, 15:46 PM

Thanks @JamesDi

I tried with a physical ruler and the issue is there anyway, from what I can see the problem is related to the speed of stroke and the angle.

My guess is that the digityzer grid is so big, because horizontal and vertical lines don't have problems, but diagonal lines are impossible to control.
I also tried with a finger to discart the active pen, and I get the same result.

As you mentioned, unfortunately it seems that I have to depend on the stroke stabilizer system of the software I use.

For example, the latest Autodesk Sketchbook version has now way to set the level of stabilization like older pro version.

My most important question here is if all the other users have the same experience with this yoga laptop, without stroke stabilizer or if it's just my device.

Options

32 Posts

07-11-2019

UA

58 Signins

573 Page Views

• Views: 573
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-11-04, 17:54 PM

I disabled all possible stabilisations in my software, and seems like you're right: vertical and horizontal lines are OK, when the diagonal lines are wavy. With physical ruler. So, yes, confirmed.

But don't get frustrated, I believe that the straight diagonal lines which you wanna draw without stabilization is the really the worst case. Everything is uncomfortable with new hardware and software for the first days, especially on simple artificial tests, I remember that:) Try to draw something, you will not get disappointed.

Regards

JamesDi

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete