10-29-2018

CH

2 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 3

Web Bluetooth on Chrome: no devices detected

2018-10-29, 14:55 PM

I tried the following samples, to be able to get device Information from a BLE device. 
https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/web-bluetooth/device-info.html
https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/web-bluetooth/device-info-async-await.html

The problem is, that no devices are detected, not my intended BLE device, but also not any other devices. Other BLE scanners on my mobile phone are able to detect devices that are near, therefore it should also be possible from the above website. 

I tried the samples on different laptops: Lenovo ThinkPad T480s, Lenovo Yoga and HP. Only the HP laptop was able to list a list of devices. The Lenovo Laptops were searching, but didn't find any. 

Do I need to change any settings in order for this to work also with Chrome on Lenovo? 

Specifications:
Browser: Chrome, Version 70

I would really appreciate your help! Thank you in advance. 

Solved! See the solution
Options

409 Posts

08-02-2018

US

163 Signins

956 Page Views

• Views: 956
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Web Bluetooth on Chrome: no devices detected

2018-10-29, 22:18 PM

Hi alj8!

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Bluetooth 4.0 adds Bluetooth Smart / Bluetooth Low Energy standard in addition to the Classic Bluetooth specification, so it is a significant improvement in prolonging battery life of devices. To check if your Lenovo laptops are BLE capable, you need to go to Device Manager. If you PC supports Bluetooth 4.0, you will see the item named Bluetooth LE Enumerator as shown in the image below. 

Image result for Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumerator

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

10-29-2018

CH

2 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Web Bluetooth on Chrome: no devices detected

2018-10-31, 23:23 PM

This issue is solved - I had everything I needed, but there was a problem with one of the Bluetooth drivers. 
Thanks for your help anyways, it pointed me in the right direction.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete