Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HPOB
Paper Tape
Views: 328
Message 1 of 6

Webcam issue

Can't seem to get the webcam in my Yoga 2 Pro to work inside a browser (specifically WebRTC in Chrome, although I've tried other browsers and online webcam tests, none of which work).  The webcam works in the camera app, or when I log in with facial recognition.  I've tried restarting the computer, updating drivers, uninstalling-reinstalling the webcam, I've checked privacy settings and it's set to "allow webcam to use these apps" (although Chrome is not one of those apps, and I have no idea how I would add it).  The webcam is allowed on the site I'm trying to use.  The site sees the camera, and the website is "allowed" to use it in Chrome.  No idea what the issue is...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 296
Message 2 of 6

Re: Webcam issue

You have to change the privacy settings within Chrome, itself.  

In Chrome, go to Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Settings. Click on Camera and/or Microphone. From there, you can set Chrome to ask you before enabling either one on any website that's requesting it or enable it full-time. I'd go with the ask setting just to keep nefarious websites from spying on you. 

More info: https://www.lifewire.com/configure-camera-microphone-setting-in-google-chrome-4103623

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
HPOB
Paper Tape
Views: 290
Message 3 of 6

I’ve done that. Chrome is allowing any site I’ve tried to use. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 287
Message 4 of 6

I'm confused. In your original post, you say you can't get the camera to work in Chrome. Now you say Chrome is allowing camera access to any site you visit. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
HPOB
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 5 of 6

Yes, so we’re both confused. Chrome sees the camera. Chrome is allowing the camera, but there’s no picture. I try to use a troubleshooting website, say the WEBRTC troubleshooter.  Chrome sees and allows the camera. The camera does work outside of Chrome. But WEBRTC says the camera is “muted.”

this is also true in IE. 

the camera is allowed to use apps. 

The drivers are up to date. 

Chrome is up to date. 

Windows is up to date. 

So what im saying is: the camera works outside of a web browser, but not when I’m trying to use it in one. 

But I don’t know why because the browser can see the camera just fine, and it’s allowed to use it. 

My problem isn’t that Chrome can’t see the webcam. If my only concern were that Chrome has permission, we would be good to go. The problem is that Chromr has permission, but it still doesn’t work. 

HPOB
Paper Tape
Views: 246
Message 6 of 6

bump

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors