05-24-2008

BE

85 Signins

393 Page Views

• Views: 393
  • Message 1 of 7

Webcam no longer working on Yoga 710-14IKB, causes BSOD

2020-02-06, 18:13 PM

My webcam no longer works on my Yoga 710-14IKB. I noticed this problem in Windows 10 version 1903, and then noticed that an upgrade was finally available to 1909, but the upgrade didn't fix the camera. I have also tried rolling back to a previous version of the webcam driver in the Device Manager, but that didn't help, so I reinstalled the latest version, which still doesn't work. I have made sure that camera privacy mode is off in Lenovo Vantage.

What happens is that when I try to access the camera in Lenovo Vantage I get the message "Camera is in use or failed loading." When I try to run the Microsoft Camera app I get two rapidly alternating error messages. One says "0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>". The other disappears too quickly for me to read it in full, but it includes the words "<ActiveCameraUnplugged>". At the same time the camera active light blinks on for a moment regularly in time with the alternating error messages.

If I leave the Camera app running, after a few minutes I get a Blue Screen Of Death with the message "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". I managed to get this to happen twice.

How can I get my camera working again?

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Webcam no longer working on Yoga 710-14IKB, causes BSOD

2020-02-06, 20:00 PM

Hi ,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue but try the steps below.

Uninstall the webcam camera driver first then you can try downloading this Camera driver here and install it. 

Once  installed you can stop the automatic driver update by the steps below

1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Restart the computer and check if the privacy mode is turned off under the vantage app then test.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

43 Posts

05-24-2008

BE

85 Signins

393 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2020-02-06, 20:16 PM

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately the steps you recommended haven't worked.

Some extra information: I know for certain that the camera was working on 26 October last year because I have a video in my camera roll folder from that date. So whatever changed has had to have happened between then and now. I haven't knowingly done anything to modify my system since that date except allowing automatic updates from Microsoft and Lenovo.

Options

43 Posts

05-24-2008

BE

85 Signins

393 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2020-02-07, 17:30 PM

I have finally found the answer. It is a hardware issue. By pressing the lid on either side of the camera between my thumb and forefinger I got the camera working. The camera active light is flickering a bit, so I expect the problem will come back, but for now I have a steady video stream.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 5 of 7

2020-02-07, 18:03 PM

Hi ,

That's good to know that you got that isolated and you have a temporary fix but if you would like to get it repaired and it's still under the warranty then you can contact support at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/contact/ but if it's not you can go to any local technician and if parts are needed you can get them at https://lenovo.encompass.com/.

Regards,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

03-20-2020

DE

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 7

Re:Webcam no longer working on Yoga 710-14IKB, causes BSOD

2020-03-20, 18:35 PM

Hi,

I got exactly the same problem with my Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB, but i can not fix it by pressing the lid on the sides of the camera. 

Did you find out any more details about this problem?

My device is not under warranty anymore and i need it everyday. Can give it to a technician for a few weeks.

Best regards,

Lukas

Options

43 Posts

05-24-2008

BE

85 Signins

393 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

Re:Webcam no longer working on Yoga 710-14IKB, causes BSOD

2020-07-01, 1:07 AM

Last time I posted here was to say that I had got the camera working again by squeezing top edge of the display near the location of the camera between my thumbs and forefingers. Unfortunately this no longer works. That leaves no repair option other than opening the machine up to fix the loose sticky tape that is the cause of the issue. Unfortunately, I can't find a repair shop in my area that would be willing to do the job, which means that I would have to do it myself. However I have looked at the disassembly instructions for this machine and it seems that  I would have to remove almost every other removable component to get to the camera. That would make it a very long job with a considerable risk of messing something up, so it's not one I'm eager to do.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete