Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Monkeyboy1975
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 1 of 2

Weird battery problem (ive searched but nothing specific)

Hi All,

Wondering if anybody can help.

Yoga 520-14IKB (Type 80X8) Laptop (ideapad)

We bought it for my daughter from Currys in April, it has worked fine, all she uses it for at the moment is youtube and roblox so its not had a hard life.

The problem-

Overt the last few weeks my daughter when she unplugs the laptop from the mains the battery lasts about 2 minutes and then it goes dead.
The battery prior to mains plug being pulled states 99%

What ive tried-

Run antivirus (nothing found)

Run malwarebytes  (nothing found)
Windows defender  (nothing found)

The one thing I fiind very interesting is when i try to run the critical BIOS latest update, after downloading and restarting it pops up with an error message which states (something along the lines of as it flashes quickly) "A battery needs to be installed to perfom this update!?"

Is there anything else i can try, i dont really want to take it back to currys 'yet' as i know they will just faff about and send it off. I'd rather try and fix it myself if i can.

I have read other posts which stste dodgy battery and/or motherboard problems talking to the battery so i guess if it is that ill have to go the warranty route.

thanks for any help

iain

*UPDATE I HELD POWER BUTTON DOWN FOR 60 SECONDS TO GET RID OF STATIC, ON REBOOT IT ENABLED ME TO UPDATE TO LATEST BIOS

Monkeyboy1975
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 2 of 2

Re: Weird battery problem (ive searched but nothing specific)

seems like its fixed, after bios update

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors