Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chromed1
Paper Tape
Views: 110
Message 1 of 5

What am I missing to enter the BIOS on a C930???

HELP! I read the C930 FAQs and it states to "Press Volume Up and and Power button at the same timetil the device turn on, then loosen the Power button to wait to enter BIOS interface" Yeah this is not working and it just keeps restarting the machine. How do you get into the BIOS really???

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 105
Message 2 of 5

Re: What am I missing to enter the BIOS on a C930???

Hello and welcome,

Do you have a Yoga C930 or a Yoga Book C930.  Which FAQ are you reading?

For the Yoga:  "Press Fn + Power button to open the Novo Button Menu. The Novo Button Menu provides four options: Normal Startup, BIOS Setup, Boot Menu and System Recovery"

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yogac930-13ikb_yogac930-13ikbglass_ug_en_201808.pdf

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Chromed1
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks!!! Any idea how to set the touchpad or keyboard to wake from sleep mode instead of the power button? I have the Yoga C930 2in1 and was trying to find the changes in BIOS to allow the wake from sleep. It appears that there are no power management tabs for the keyboard or touchpad in device manager.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 94
Message 4 of 5

Sorry I don't know.  No experience with that laptop.  Hopefully others here will have answers - if there are any.

On my newer ThinkPads the only things that will wake them are the power button and the Fn. key, IIRC.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Chromed1
Paper Tape
Views: 85
Message 5 of 5

Much appreciated!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors