Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-10-2020

Austria

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 8

What an absolute overpriced pile of *** did i buy with my c940?

2021-06-06, 11:23 AM

I have yet to experience a worse piece of Computing hardware in my life yet (well that is to say within the last 5 years).

This utter piece of **bleep** I paid almost 2000$ for is degrading in performance on a daily basis and has reached a point where I can't even have a browser with 4 tabs open plus Mailclient without nonstop system interruptions, fan going, etc.

Absolute Chinese trash - even $500 would be too much for this pile of **bleep**.

and yes there is no nice way to name the obvious. Permanent System outages and immense impediments are leading to constant frustration.

When this thing is ready to be replaced - I swear I am going to make a video where I **bleep** obliterate this pile of s and swear to alle gods that have ever been believed in to NEVER AGAIN BE TOUCHING ANY LENOVO products for the rest of my life.

What an utter piece of trash.

MOD: Post title edited. Profanity is not permitted on this board. 

Answer
Options

4640 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4693 Signins

53847 Page Views

• Views: 53847

Re:What an absolute overpriced pile of *** did i buy with my c940?

2021-06-06, 19:20 PM

You don't provide much information on what you mean by system interrupts, but if the cooling fans are coming on more often than you believe they should, then the first thing to check is whether the airflow in and out of the fans is obstructed.    The cooling fans are excellent dust collectors. and if they become clogged the system will overheat and cause the CPU and GPU to clock down to protect themselves, thus affecting performance. 

You can take it to a computer shop to have that done, but you can also do so yourself using some canned air an/or a vacuum by following the instructions linked below on opening the cover shown below.    You will need some nylon pry tools similar to these or a large guitar pick) and a mini Phillips screwdriver and a T5 Torx (aka Star) bit to open the case. 

Removal and Replacement Videos - Yoga C940-14 (81Q9)

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT509201

There is no reason that your system should be performing so poorly given the hardware specifications, so if you do not believe that fan blockage is the cause, then I would try some of the following steps to determine the cause. 

1.  Disable unnecessary Startup applications

2.  Update device driver

2.  Check for failed Windows Updates

3.  Check the Windows System and Application logs for any errors

4.  Use Task Manager when you experience slowness/interruptions to see if there is any particular process using high resources

Best of luck, 

Replies(7)
Options

14 Posts

07-22-2020

France

15 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 2 of 8

2021-06-06, 13:14 PM

Well I cannot say I made the same experience but I can clearly see where you coming from. I have been using for years Lenovo products, x60/x200/x201/x220, X1 carbon etc and currently jumped to the yoga series. My 1st yoga was (still have it) the yoga 910 which besides the occasional ''boot device not found" is still going strong. Bought the C930 and was immediately dissapointed . Build quality compared to the 910 has gone downhill and the battery on the 930 is an absolute disaster. Poor quality and after every cycle you loose capacity. There the battery of the 910 help up a lot better! The hinge on the 910 is still very solid compared the the hinge of the 930 which has a wobble in it.

I should have bought/upgraded the 910 to 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD but decided to buy a used 930 as it provides pen input. The 910 series is plagued with mainboard/charging issues so that has put me off buying a 2nd one. Maybe I am lucky with the 1st one as it is equipped with an i5 which may be the case mine does not seems to be affected. Anyway, this will be the end of my cooperation with Lenovo...

Seen the troubles you have may be an idea to freshly install the OS? I don't know what you have tried beside trying not trowing the thing out of the window... 

Options

29 Posts

12-06-2008

United States of America

71 Signins

694 Page Views

• Views: 694
  • Message 3 of 8

2021-06-06, 13:37 PM
Well, Lenovo hasn't had a proper Thinkpad in years, and the quasi-Thinkpad brands have been slipping much faster. But is anyone surprised? It's been a slipper slope ever since they stopped putting HDD status LED on their laptops. Then came the awful keyboards, and deleting physical buttons for the Trackpad (thankfully, they're back). All I can say is the bar has finally dropped below your threshold, and welcome to the club.
Answer
Options

4640 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4693 Signins

53847 Page Views

• Views: 53847
  • Message 4 of 8

2021-06-06, 19:20 PM

You don't provide much information on what you mean by system interrupts, but if the cooling fans are coming on more often than you believe they should, then the first thing to check is whether the airflow in and out of the fans is obstructed.    The cooling fans are excellent dust collectors. and if they become clogged the system will overheat and cause the CPU and GPU to clock down to protect themselves, thus affecting performance. 

You can take it to a computer shop to have that done, but you can also do so yourself using some canned air an/or a vacuum by following the instructions linked below on opening the cover shown below.    You will need some nylon pry tools similar to these or a large guitar pick) and a mini Phillips screwdriver and a T5 Torx (aka Star) bit to open the case. 

Removal and Replacement Videos - Yoga C940-14 (81Q9)

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT509201

There is no reason that your system should be performing so poorly given the hardware specifications, so if you do not believe that fan blockage is the cause, then I would try some of the following steps to determine the cause. 

1.  Disable unnecessary Startup applications

2.  Update device driver

2.  Check for failed Windows Updates

3.  Check the Windows System and Application logs for any errors

4.  Use Task Manager when you experience slowness/interruptions to see if there is any particular process using high resources

Best of luck, 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

160 Posts

04-26-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

141 Signins

975 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 975
  • Message 5 of 8

2021-06-06, 19:48 PM

The C940 is a piece of crap.

You need to babysit it and fine tune it yourself. The out of factory optinization is dreadful and Windows updates have made it even worse.

Once done though it seems to work well but there are literally a million things you need to do to make it better.

Options

6 Posts

04-10-2020

Austria

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 6 of 8

2021-08-03, 11:18 AM

I tried everything, but this piece of crap touchpad is falling into sleep mode every few seconds - no matter if I am typing, scrolling, etc.Worst piece of trash I have EVER seen on laptop market. Lenovo Windows ... NEVER again

Admin note; post edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

Options

5 Posts

01-17-2020

Denmark

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 7 of 8

2021-08-03, 11:28 AM
Hey @kradcliffe2, can you tell anything about this million of things to do to make it better? Do you know of a good guide or anything like that?
Options

160 Posts

04-26-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

141 Signins

975 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 975
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-08-03, 12:03 PM

Uninstall the Lenovo bloatware, check task manager and shut down any background processes using CPU on idle, disable Windows updates as they can overwrite drivers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)