cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemant31
Paper Tape
Views: 281
Message 1 of 2

What kind of adhesive I can use to fix the broken yoga laptop?

My laptop is broken from one edge by kid. Wanted to check how can I fix this.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 256
Message 2 of 2

Re: What kind of adhesive I can use to fix the broken yoga laptop?

@hemant31 wrote:

My laptop is broken from one edge by kid. Wanted to check how can I fix this.

Put kid up for adoption.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. You don't list make, model or age, but the best option is to replace the case or at least that section of it if it comes apart in sections. That's laborious, but it's the option least likely to break again. You can lookup the part somewhere around here. Or you can find someone selling a non-working laptop that's the same model as yours. No matter what you do to glue it back together, the spot won't have its original integrity. I can't really see from that photo, but if that's around the hinge area, the stress of opening and closing the laptop could be too much for glue. If it's just a cosmetic area that doesn't see any tension, read on.

Someone may have a better idea and I hope they post it, but when it comes to plastics that have to hold tight, I'm a JB Weld guy. You can find that at any hardware store. It'll be easier to work with if you disassemble the computer so all you're fooling with is plastic. I can't tell from the photo, but I'm pretty sure electrical components of the laptop are really close to the break. Isolating those so your repairs don't damage the components is critical. Back up the computer and take all the usual precautions should you decide to disassemble. If disassembly is not an option, you'll need to put something between the break and the components to shield them from the work. I'd use electrical tape, but someone around here might have a better option. 

Whether you disassemble or not, give the JB Weld a long time to set. A couple of days should do it. But be ready for it to break, again. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors