01-14-2014

California

367 Signins

1049 Page Views

• Views: 1049
  • Message 1 of 3

What's the best all-around internet browser for Yoga 2 pro

2014-04-30, 18:45 PM

What is the best browser for the Yoga 2 Pro in metro mode?

The good thing about Internet Explorer was that it was usable as a metro app even with the high screen resolution of the Yoga 2 Pro.    Now that it has a major security flaw, what’s the next best alternative for a browser in Windows 8 metro mode?

Options

8 Posts

04-27-2014

denmark

8 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: What's the best all-around internet browser for Yoga 2 pro

2014-04-30, 20:01 PM
I'm not sure that any other browser, besides Explorer, are caple of running in metro mode on the Y2P. Chrome dosn't seem to work very well on a laptop like the Y2P

Firefox have skipped a metro app, so they only have a regular version. And I Don't know if Opera offer a Metro app anylonger or if they have droped it as Well.

And i'm pretty much a Firefox fan, never experienced any problems with it, and I have used it over many years on allot of computers with different OS, and it dos not suffer from chrome like deseases or Explorer security and compability issues. And the Company are updating it on a regular basis.

it might not be fancy, but It dos what a browser is suppose to do.

But Security issues with Explorer isn't exactly new thing, it has suffered from Security issues for over a decade.
Options

53 Posts

11-22-2013

Cyprus

126 Signins

548 Page Views

• Views: 548
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: What's the best all-around internet browser for Yoga 2 pro

2014-05-01, 8:50 AM

I still use desktop mode mostly and therefore Chrome.  If you use the developer channel and enable hi-dpi in the registry, then it also renders text beautifully, much like Internet Explorer.  It did take them months to fix the rendering on Hi-DPI settings, but finally it is working fine :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms