cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 176
Message 1 of 4

Which has a better battery life doing the sam thing? 4K model of Yoga C930 or 4K model of X1E?

Anybody has owned both laptops?

Maugha
SCSI Port
Views: 153
Message 2 of 4

Re: Which has a better battery life doing the sam thing? 4K model of Yoga C930 or 4K model of X1E?

Doing a comparison on the Lenovo website, the C930 battery is 4 cell Li-Polymer 80Wh, while the ThinkPad X1E is 4 Cell 60 Watt Hour Li-Polymer. The C930 then wins by 20WHs.

I only have the C930 but it lasts we 5 hours using screen at 100% and no battery saver mode. I turn the Battery Saving mode on when it reaches 20% and I've never had the battery shut down on me.
lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 151
Message 3 of 4

Re: Which has a better battery life doing the sam thing? 4K model of Yoga C930 or 4K model of X1E?

Thanks but Lenovo often inflate the batter life so I am looking for batter life in real life use.

Are you using the 4K model?

Maugha
SCSI Port
Views: 142
Message 4 of 4

Yes, 4K. I have the 16gig and 1 TB w/ 4K UHD. I had the 900 prior and its' battery life was no where near this one. When the screen cracked, I purchased the 720 UHD 4K and the battery did last through my 5 hour chemotherapy but was almost out of gas at the end. I then purchased the 730 which was only FHD and there was a NOTABLE difference in battery life. My son uses it for school and he no longer takes the power cord because the battery is still usable by the time he gets home.

I have to be honest though...I do not see much of a difference between FHD and UHD 4K on the C930. In fact, I think I liked the FHD 730 display better.

The 900 was my first Lenovo laptop. They said it would last 10 hours. You are correct, they do inflate how long the battery lasts as I checked mine and it only lasted about two hours and maybe 3 if I dimmed the screen. I had to take the cord to chemo with me...with the C930, I don't take the cord and still have almost half a battery left.

When I cracked my 900, I felt it was irresponsible to pay so much for a new computer, so I downgraded to the 15" 720. I just didn't like it so my ex bought it from me. I then got the 730, which I REALLY liked with the NVIDIA 1050 graphics card. I had that for about 6 months. It was super heavy and I started to need my son to carry it to the infusion center. Plus, I kept comparing both of those to my 900 and I really liked the 900. So, I gifted the 730 to my son and got the C930. Seven months and 3 computers later, I am now thrilled with my laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors