cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donnny
Blue Screen Again
Views: 165
Message 1 of 3

White spot appearing on Yoga 720 13", service center denied warranty??

So theres a white spot appearing on the monitor of my Yoga 720 about 6 months into usage and it's really been an eyesore. I took it to the service center and they claimed that it is an accidental damage (something about putting too much pressure on the screen) and is not covered under warranty? I have never put any strain on that specific part of the computer so I feel like I'm kinda cheated out of warranty coverage by some lackluster excuse. Can anyone offer advice to this use case? This is the most premium/ high end model of Yoga 720 too so that adds toward to the dissatisfaction. I could have gotten a Macbook at this price point.

rA3kog3

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 129
Message 2 of 3

Re: White spot appearing on Yoga 720 13", service center denied warranty??

Hi donnny,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Is there any dents or scratches on the LCD screen? Kindly check if this is caused by a dead pixel on the LCD. You can check the article below and there's also a link there on how you can test it. 

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht035306

In addition, if you do not have more than three dead pixels it will not be covered by the warranty. We also recommend that you contact our local support for further assistance regarding your warranty claims.

Phone Support Phone list:  thttps://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

donnny
Blue Screen Again
Views: 115
Message 3 of 3

Re: White spot appearing on Yoga 720 13", service center denied warranty??

Hello, I don't believe it is a dead pixel as all RGB color combination displayed fine, I think it is an issue with the backlight and there is no dent or scratch that has ever occured on the screen, in fact it even has a screen protector film that I purchased and installed

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors