cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
droidusr2014
Paper Tape
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-14-2014
Location: US
Views: 150
Message 1 of 9

Why can't I find my laptop online?

Honest question here - I recently recieved a Yoga 720 13 inch from my GF because she is buying the new Mac air instead and my Thinkpad Yoga 14 started to have hardware issues, and the specs on this machine are 16GB RAM, Intel i7-8550U CPU, 1TB SSD and the 4K display. This is a pretty new laptop (Bought a month ago) and I looked it up online because my friend wanted to buy the same machine as me because he liked it so much.  However, all the Yoga 720s that I find have the 16GB RAM, 256-512GB RAM, and the 1080P display without 4K. So i'm just wondering why my specific machine with the specs listed is unable to be found anywhere. It just puzzles me and i'm honestly just curious why my combination of specs is hard to find. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Posts: 6,594
Registered: ‎01-13-2008
Location: US
Views: 124
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why can't I find my laptop online?

Hi,

 

I can't answer your question but (wild speculation) with the 730 out Lenovo may have narrowed the 720 offerings.

 

I can get you close - but if your friend really wants 1TB they'd have to swap the SSD:

 

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Yoga-15-6-Touch-Screen-Thunderbolt/dp/B072M22XK8/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_enc...

 

Lenovo Yoga 720 2-in-1 15.6" 4K UHD IPS Touch-Screen Ultrabook, Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, Thunderbolt, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit Keyboard -Win10

 

Z.


The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.


The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

 

  Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Guru
Posts: 900
Registered: ‎07-21-2010
Location: US
Views: 122
Message 3 of 9

Re: Why can't I find my laptop online?

Personally I think its because they have come out with the 730 model.  So 720 will get harder to find.  With that being said i did find that model on Ebay with those specs.   That model was released almost 1 year ago per psref.

 

81C3005QUS

 

http://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Lenovo%20Tablets%20&%20Convertibles/YOGA_720_13?M=81C3005QUS


If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!


I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

droidusr2014
Paper Tape
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-14-2014
Location: US
Views: 116
Message 4 of 9

Re: Why can't I find my laptop online?


@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

Hi,

 

I can't answer your question but (wild speculation) with the 730 out Lenovo may have narrowed the 720 offerings.

 

I can get you close - but if your friend really wants 1TB they'd have to swap the SSD:

 

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Yoga-15-6-Touch-Screen-Thunderbolt/dp/B072M22XK8/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_enc...

 

Lenovo Yoga 720 2-in-1 15.6" 4K UHD IPS Touch-Screen Ultrabook, Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, Thunderbolt, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit Keyboard -Win10

 

Z.



True, makes sense that they could condense the 720 lineup since the 730 its is successor. The Amazon laptop actually looks pretty good, better graphics too. Only thing is the screen is 15" but we'll see if he even minds that.

droidusr2014
Paper Tape
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-14-2014
Location: US
Views: 114
Message 5 of 9

Re: Why can't I find my laptop online?


@green5178 wrote:

Personally I think its because they have come out with the 730 model.  So 720 will get harder to find.  With that being said i did find that model on Ebay with those specs.   That model was released almost 1 year ago per psref.

 

81C3005QUS

 

http://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Lenovo%20Tablets%20&%20Convertibles/YOGA_720_13?M=81C3005QUS



Makes sense. Just wondering though, whats the main difference between the 730 and 720 anyway? My laptop has the 8th gen processor just like the 730 as well. I looked at the 730 and the highest spec version they offer has the exact same internals as my 720, only difference is that the 730 does not the 4K display. I'm guessing that Lenovo decided to reserve the 4K display for the upper trim Yoga 920 series laptop.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Posts: 6,594
Registered: ‎01-13-2008
Location: US
Views: 107
Message 6 of 9

Re: Why can't I find my laptop online?


@droidusr2014 wrote:

...
True, makes sense that they could condense the 720 lineup since the 730 its is successor. The Amazon laptop actually looks pretty good, better graphics too. Only thing is the screen is 15" but we'll see if he even minds that.

...

I looked at the 730 and the highest spec version they offer has the exact same internals as my 720, only difference is that the 730 does not the 4K display. I'm guessing that Lenovo decided to reserve the 4K display for the upper trim Yoga 920 series laptop.


Sorry.  In the excitement I missed that the Amazon unit was a 15-incher.

 

[edit to add] The 730 base spec includes 4k models, and Best Buy offers them in a 13.3" size.

 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-730-2-in-1-13-3-4k-ultra-hd-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-...

 

Z.


The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.


The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

 

  Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Guru
Posts: 900
Registered: ‎07-21-2010
Location: US
Views: 88
Message 7 of 9

Re: Why can't I find my laptop online?

The one I found on ebay is below.

 

I do not know if its a good deal or even if its legit.  I have nothing to do with the seller.

 

https://www.ebay.com/p/Lenovo-Yoga-720-13-3-8-Gen-I7-8550u-16gb-RAM-1tb-SSD-NVMe-4k-Active-Pen/30163...


If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!


I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

droidusr2014
Paper Tape
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-14-2014
Location: US
Views: 83
Message 8 of 9

Re: Why can't I find my laptop online?


@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

@droidusr2014 wrote:

...
True, makes sense that they could condense the 720 lineup since the 730 its is successor. The Amazon laptop actually looks pretty good, better graphics too. Only thing is the screen is 15" but we'll see if he even minds that.

...

I looked at the 730 and the highest spec version they offer has the exact same internals as my 720, only difference is that the 730 does not the 4K display. I'm guessing that Lenovo decided to reserve the 4K display for the upper trim Yoga 920 series laptop.


Sorry.  In the excitement I missed that the Amazon unit was a 15-incher.

 

[edit to add] The 730 base spec includes 4k models, and Best Buy offers them in a 13.3" size.

 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-730-2-in-1-13-3-4k-ultra-hd-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-...

 

Z.


Jackpot. Exact same computer only difference is that it has the 512GB SSD but thats not a big deal. It even says 720 in the best buy description, looks like it really was just a number change. Showed this to him and he said that he is most likely going to order it. 

droidusr2014
Paper Tape
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-14-2014
Location: US
Views: 81
Message 9 of 9

Re: Why can't I find my laptop online?


@green5178 wrote:

The one I found on ebay is below.

 

I do not know if its a good deal or even if its legit.  I have nothing to do with the seller.

 

https://www.ebay.com/p/Lenovo-Yoga-720-13-3-8-Gen-I7-8550u-16gb-RAM-1tb-SSD-NVMe-4k-Active-Pen/30163...


Looks like it is exactly the same computer. Gonna send this link over to him too so he can decide which one he wants to get. Appriciate all the help!

Top Kudoed Authors