09-15-2020

PK

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

C740 Wifi, Heating, Keyboard hang, USB-C problems

2020-09-15, 10:46 AM

Problems problems problems with my Yga C740 laptop.

Wifi:

Keeps disconnecting (mostly after it wakes up from sleep). connects automatically after 2 minutes (cannot connect before that)

Heating:

Randomly starts heating when I'm not even working on the machine and it is idle. 

USB-C :

Used two different dongles on USB-C port and it has rendered both of them useless, Now I wonder what can I plug in to this USB-C port

Keyboard hangs:

Twice the keyboard and trackpad stopped working. Until I force shut it down, it does not work. Even if I restart the device it does not work.

Lackings of the device:

No LAN,HDMI ports

USB-C port is not thunderbolt so cannot use an HDMI dongle

Because of all these problems, I consider it a useless machine. Since my region has changed after the purchase, I cannot even send it in warranty as my local warranty center does not support it. 

I have no clue what to do now

MOD: Model added to title -Doc

Options

11733 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7059 Signins

741034 Page Views

• Views: 741034
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:C740 Wifi, Heating, Keyboard hang, USB-C problems

2020-09-15, 14:47 PM

Hi hassan.zia,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If the same issue even after a reset / update and you think a full diagnostics is needed for your machine, then you may need to send it to the tech support team supports the base warranty.

Usually before purchase of any electrical products, checking for covered support on your location of use is the first thing to consider.

Here laptops have International warranty support but if it does not cover your region then better to have an authorized representative act on your behalf. 

You can send your machine to your representative to submit the machine in the region where it is entitled for checkup and repair.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

05-30-2020

US

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:C740 Wifi, Heating, Keyboard hang, USB-C problems

2020-09-19, 15:56 PM

I have a YOGA C740 and my HDMI dongle works just fine without a Thunderbolt 3 port.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete