Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcung
What's DOS?
Views: 1,406
Message 1 of 7

Wifi and Bluetooth Mouse Issues - Lenovo Yoga 720

Hi all. Nice to meet you.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 and am noticing two issues. 

First, whenever I am on Wifi, my connection will occasionally drop and restart. It is becoming a challenge especially during Skype calls and even simple tasks like browsing. My wifi appears to be OK because I have another PC and Mac that does not have any connectivity issues. Is there something I can do investigate and solve this issues?

Moreover, I have connected my Microsoft Sculpt Mouse which had worked great on another PC's. While I can connect it with my Yoga, the connection frequently drops and takes a couple of seconds to re-establish itself.

If anything, these issues have become a pain. Any suggestions/ideas on how to rectify the situation would be greatly appreciated!

Guru
Views: 1,366
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wifi and Bluetooth Mouse Issues - Lenovo Yoga 720

I'd start by checking your power plan settings. 

On the 910, many of us have had to do that. Settings > System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Power Settings > Advanced Power Settings. Expand "Wireless Adapter" and expand "Power Setting Mode." You should see two entries. One for AC, one for battery. Change battery settings to medium power saving or maximum performance. 

If that fails, check out this solution.

Another thing to do is download a WiFi display program such as WiFi Scanner and see if a neighbor's WiFi is interfering in the location where you're using your computer.  

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
pcung
What's DOS?
Views: 1,353
Message 3 of 7

Thank you, Doctordon. 

I did follow through with your suggestions and the power plan settings were already set to Maximum performance. 

I wasn't able to quite find this Dynamic MIMO setting. Is that something that should be included in the 720? 

I also installed Wifi scanner and it doesn't look anything interferes with my connection. Whenever I plug this laptop with an ethernet cable, I do not get dropped connections. It's only on Wifi still, which is still odd to me.

I recently got this computer and am wondering if there are any updates I should be aware about that could help? Not sure if I am missing anything, such as a driver update, etc. but any suggetsions to help stabilize my wifi and bluetooth connections would be greatly appreciated.

Guru
Views: 1,351
Message 4 of 7

By all means, look to make sure you have the latest drivers from the Lenovo website. 

Also make sure your WiFi router has the latest firmware available for it.

Guru
Views: 1,318
Message 5 of 7

Some other things to try.. 

• If you have a dual band router, assign separate SSIDs to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios, then force your computer to connect to whichever one works better. 
  • Look for things that interfere with WiFi, such as LED lighting, microwave ovens and so forth

Have a Happy Holiday,

one2lose
Punch Card
Views: 1,188
Message 6 of 7

On my 720 13" I had to go to devices and remove the wireless adaptor completely. I did a restart and the driver was found and reinstalled it so fast I hardly saw an instalation box. Increased speed and no drops. I do think that the newest drivers killed the Wireless Display operation. That is what I am looking for.

yatyat
What's DOS?
Views: 818
Message 7 of 7

I am just wondering if you managed to resolve the bluetooth mouse problem, I am having the same problem with a logitech mouse and it's working fine on my husbands thinkpad. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors