Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 1 of 4

Will the Intel 7265 Wifi Card Work on my Yoga Pro 2 ??

2015-06-23, 23:57 PM

I have asked this question multiple times in the wifi problems thread about yoga pro 2, but it seems like no official representative seems to be answering our calls of whether it works or not.

I want to buy a 7265, NOT 7260 intel card for my lenovo yoga pro 2. I will buy it from wherever Lenovo will advise me to buy. Can you please just tell me which one it works on my laptop and I will buy it immediately!

By the way, my Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 is made for the Croatian market I think(even though I'm a Macedonian and I bought it from an official Macedonian Lenovo reseller and now my keyboard layout is messed up with croatian letters, but that's another story). Is this BIOS lock active on my model as well like the US models have? Can I exchange my wifi card for whatever wifi card?

Answer
Options

2 Posts

09-02-2015

United States

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23

Re: Will the Intel 7265 Wifi Card Work on my Yoga Pro 2 ??

2015-09-04, 21:03 PM

Update: AC-7265NGW arrived, does not work. Won't boot, error message "Unauthorized wireless network card. Power off and remove device.' 

So despite what Lenovo tech support told me 2 days ago, it does not work. The person I talked to today after getting this message was absolutely clueless, but also told me there was nothing she could do to help.

What I get from this is that Lenovo's "technical support" is not tech savvy at all and doesn't know anyting about the products, only how to read troubleshooting instructions off a screen.

Replies(3)
Options

2 Posts

09-02-2015

United States

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2015-09-02, 19:03 PM

I also have the Yoga 2 Pro and want to upgrade to the 7265. Been looking everywhere and it looks like the form factor and everyting are compatible, the only issue I could see is the card not being on the BIOS whitelist, which seemed to be a problem with people trying to upgrade to 7260s in the past.

I called Lenovo tech support and the rep assured me that it will work as long as I have the proper drivers. I am a bit skeptical because he didn't directly confirm that I wouldn't have any issues with the 7265 being on the whitelist. 

Either way, I just ordered the card from Amazon. So we will see and I will update when it comes. 

Answer
Options

2 Posts

09-02-2015

United States

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2015-09-04, 21:03 PM

Update: AC-7265NGW arrived, does not work. Won't boot, error message "Unauthorized wireless network card. Power off and remove device.' 

So despite what Lenovo tech support told me 2 days ago, it does not work. The person I talked to today after getting this message was absolutely clueless, but also told me there was nothing she could do to help.

What I get from this is that Lenovo's "technical support" is not tech savvy at all and doesn't know anyting about the products, only how to read troubleshooting instructions off a screen.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-03-23, 12:16 PM

I did the same mistake of ordering an intel 7265 without any prior research and it did not work. Got the same message as you. Now I'm stuck with an unworking wifi adapter that I cannot return. I was even hoping that the 8260 will work, but I guess that's pure sci-fi.

Lenovo's whitelist is a real pain. Despite the original issue with the Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 they refuse to update that whitelist or remove it completely on this problematic product of theirs. This issue has put me off so much of Lenovo's products. Instead of me having good times with my expensive ultrabook, I'm spending my time browsing through forums and searching online for solutions on how to fix it. Tragic really...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms