cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meghraj37
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 1 of 6

Will yoga 910 work with USB-C monitors like lg 43ud79?

Hi

I am planning to buy LG 43UD79 or something similar with usb type c support. Already have yoga 910 since 1 year +

Where I can hook some usb devices in monitor and monitor will be connected to laptop using usb type c with display port and giving laptop power as well and data from other usb devices..

Will this work with yoga 910? I saw lots of threads about people facing issues with yoga 910 usb c.

So It would be really great if get to know these things before I buy that monitor.

Example setup

https://youtu.be/SLfbiOjDGCU

https://youtu.be/YTvSY3HT3Aw

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 114
Message 2 of 6

Re: Will yoga 910 work with USB-C monitors like lg 43ud79?

Hi Meghraj37! As per checking, you can use the USB C to connect the laptop to external monitor with the same port. Also, if you are going to charge the laptop at the same time, it has a separate port for the charger. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Meghraj37
Paper Tape
Views: 110
Message 3 of 6

Means i've to use two ports alll time.

one for charging and one of displayout to monitor..

don't yoga 910 support usb c like shown in video where power, data and video all goes onto one cable?

anyone can please share experince having yoga 910 with usb c direct connected to monitor.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 109
Message 4 of 6

As per checking, it does have a separate port and each of them has a function. They cannot do the job in just one port. Thanks. You can wait for more users post to check if they have work around. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Meghraj37
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 5 of 6

ok..

so i'v to use charging port only for charging. and there is no other use of that charging port..right?

and that another type-c port will work with monitors with type-c display input port?

why lanevo then used type-c charge port when its only for charging.. isn't it out of standard spec usb-type c

its only charge port then they write it as two usb-type c ports.. if one of that can't be use at all expcect charging.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 87
Message 6 of 6

The rear USB-C port is the only one of the two that will accept the charger. When using the 910 on battery, the rear USB-C port will handle USB-2 devices, such as memory sticks, memory card readers, external keyboards, etc.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors