Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 962
Message 1 of 4

Windows 10 Freeze/Crash Skype Classic

Problem
So laptop works fine usually but almost everytime i have skype open(in a video call) it completely freezes and i have to restart by holding down the power button. This happens at random times and a random amount of times(at least once though).

Extra Info
Reliability history show nothing. All other drivers are on the latest versions. I've updated from the default 250gb ssd that came with the laptop relatively recent(i wasn't using skype at the moment so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it). 

When plugged in i have it set to Conservation mode(through Lenovo Vantage), last night i left it on with Conservation mode OFF and it didn't freeze(although that's only one time)
Event Viewer consistently shows an Event ID 10016 Error(DistributedCOM):
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Link to msinfo.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Q19ewfNdkrUzbSKgDohW_sIIMLaO5TB/view?usp=sharing

Hardware

Lenovo Yoga 500-15isk (80R6)
i5-6200U
Nvidia GeForce 920M
SSD: TS480GSSD220S(Transcend 220 480GB)

Software

Win10: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Nvidia drivers: 399.07(27/08/2018)
Antivirus: BitDefender(free version on whatever the latest version is)

Failed attempts to fix
Only thing that seemed to work for a while was rolling back my nvidia drivers(but obviously that didnt help much) and uninstalling f.lux.

I think that's pretty much it, Thanks in advance

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 898
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows 10 Freeze/Crash Skype Classic

Hi MoirkoB!

Welcome to the community forums.

You can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the Skype application.

You can also perform a clean boot. A clean boot will help eliminates software conflicts that occur when you install a program, update, or when you run a program in Windows 10. For instructions, you may refer to this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 883
Message 3 of 4

@MarkVin_Lenovo wrote:

Hi MoirkoB!

Welcome to the community forums.

You can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the Skype application.

You can also perform a clean boot. A clean boot will help eliminates software conflicts that occur when you install a program, update, or when you run a program in Windows 10. For instructions, you may refer to this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows.

Let us know how it goes.

I've reinstalled skype and it still freezes. This time while i was using 3CX. I haven't tried clean booting yet but i don't think it's a hardware issue as i haven't observed it when using Ubuntu 18.04 on the same machine.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 808
Message 4 of 4

Bump?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors