cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xrabi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,151
Message 1 of 12

Wireless Network Card Not Recognized (Yoga 3 Pro)

I had been experiencing weak/intermittent wireless connections with the Broadcom network card that shipped with the system (Yoga 3 Pro 1370).  This morning I switched it out for an Intel 7265NGW -- but upon restart no NIC card was detected at all.  Not in system tray and not in Device Manager.  I updated BIOS to A6CN58WW and installed all Intel drivers -- but nothing, card not recognized.  No error messages or rejection etc. -- just not showing that I have a wireless adapter at all.  When nothing worked, I switched back to the Broadcom card -- but now this card is not recognized either.  I used System Restore to roll back to last week, but no luck, no wireless card is being detected/recognized.  Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?  Much appreciated!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,100
Message 2 of 12

Re: Wireless Network Card Not Recognized (Yoga 3 Pro)

I own one of those machines and I repair computers.  I have replaced 3 of those cards (mine and 2 others) where the cards just died.  My guess is that you need a card.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
xrabi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,045
Message 3 of 12

Thanks -- but it is highly unlikely that both the new card was DOA and the old card died immediately at the same time.  There is something going on, either in motherboard hardware or in BIOS or other settings that is leading to system not even recognizing that a card is inserted in the slot.  Any thoughts appreciated. 

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 3,037
Message 4 of 12

Hi xrabi, 

I would just like to asked the wifi card you purchased does it have the part number SW10A11522 from the Lenovo parts list? Lenovo has a white list of wifi card tested for each model. You can get this info from the laptop's Hardware Maintenance Manual on page 55. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
xrabi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,032
Message 5 of 12

Thanks -- it does have the Lenovo FRU.  My understanding is that even if you put a non-white listed card in there, it will be recognized by the system and you will get a network card error message of some type.  In my case, it simply doesn't detect/recognize/acknowledge that there is a card there at all.  The fact that it now doesn't recognize the OEM Broadcom card when I stick it back in there makes my think either motherboard connections are now loose or something in the new BIOS is causing this.  Appreciated. 

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 3,028
Message 6 of 12

Hi, 

Have you tried doing loading BIOS setup defaults? Then try toggling Wireless LAN in bios. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
xrabi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,022
Message 7 of 12

Thanks, tried with no luck Smiley Sad

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,017
Message 8 of 12

Looking in the device manager, are there and problem devices?

One basic question, there is a setting in the BIOS to enable or disable wireless networking.  Is it enabled?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
xrabi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,009
Message 9 of 12

Thanks, yes, BIOS wifi is enabled.  There are no problem devices showing in Device Manager. 

robinp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,983
Message 10 of 12

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors