Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-20-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Won't charge with a AC charger.

2021-02-20, 1:14 AM

My yoga 920 stop charging on the AC adapter.  I did the static resets even disconnecting the battery that did not work.  I thought maybe it was a battery so I replaced the battery.   The laptop started up fine on the new battery but when I plugged it in again, it did not charge.  I thought the USB C ports went bad and it was a problem with the motherboard so I started the backup everything before I lost the laptop.  As a last resort before the PC died I plugged in my Anker battery pack, and it showed charging.   Then plugged in my anchor AC block and it charges also, but very slowly.   It appears that once I get above a certain power level with the charger it doesn't charge.   I've tried three AC adapters they work on everything but the laptop so I know they're good there's something strange about the fact that it'll accept a low-power charge but not one from the AC adapter can anybody explain this?

Options

2009 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

241 Signins

21127 Page Views

• Views: 21127
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Won't charge with a AC charger.

2021-02-22, 13:08 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @GGLMN!

Nice to have you here!

Are you getting any on screen messages when the Yoga 920 is plugged to its AC adapter?

Does the Yoga 920 still shows a light when connected to its AC adapter?

You may follow the steps found on this previous post that other users have done into their device who's also experiencing this concern.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

02-20-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-22, 15:52 PM

I don't get any messages or lights with the AC adapter.  It charges just fine on a phone adapter which is putting out much less power, shows connected,  and charging.   I have done the static discharge and even with the battery disconnected with no luck.  I'm trying to avoid resetting the whole computer.

Options

2009 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

241 Signins

21127 Page Views

• Views: 21127
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-22, 19:03 PM

Thanks for the update @GGLMN!

Try to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant battery driver under Battery tab in Device Manager then restart the device and try it again.

Also, try to update the Yoga 920's BIOS, Power Management and Intel Chipset drivers and see if it will charge properly now.

Should you get the same result after performing those steps, it would be advisable to have the Yoga 920 be brought to any local service providers near your area so that they can inspect the machine as this may seem to be a possible hardware concern and may require repairs for it to function/work properly again.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms