Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Son123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,266
Message 1 of 5

Worst laptop I have ever had

I purchased my Yoga 510 about 6 months ago and since then I keep getting a white screen with the smallest movement of the monitor which doesnt go away and to top that,  for the past 3 weeks turning it on has become a struggle, It wont turn on when I press the power button, the keyboard lights up but the screen is black and I have to hold the power button till it turns off and then turn it back on, I have to do this about 10 times to get it to finally turn on.
I used to own a Dell laptop, worked like a horse for 7 years. Last Lenovo product I will ever buy.
Only a few months in and I have to pay for repairing a brand new laptop

FinalSay
Paper Tape
Views: 2,183
Message 2 of 5

Re: Worst laptop I have ever had

Should be under warranty, no?

Son123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,115
Message 3 of 5

I shouldn't have to worry about that after 6 months. I never have with any of my electronic devices.  

Sam11290
What's DOS?
Views: 2,001
Message 4 of 5

No one wins like I did. A year ago I get a Yoga 71015-isk, and it is the worst mistake of a laptop ever. Its slower than my 8 year old laptop, and the SSD seems to run out of space with little installed.

That, and I have motherboard issues all the time, like my computer had a sudden hardware failure related to the CPU, my keyboard would not turn on, oh, and I flashed the bios to a new version, and it deflashed it, so I then wiped the hard-drive and installed fresh Windows 10 using my own USB, and it forced installed all the lenovo crap making it run just as bad. My final resort was calling up Lenovo, and it was a month before my warranty ran out, so this is what they told me - "unfortunantly, we cannot diagnose the problem through our connection, and we will need to take your laptop in for more tests to determine the issue. But, becaues it is within a month of expiration, we will not be taking the laptop unless you want to pay for shipping, handling, service, and possible replacement parts." So yeah, Lenovo refused to repair my laptop because it was a month from no warranty. Not to mention, this laptop had been giving me issues since I first got it.

So I spent the next 5 months running a 8 year old HP Paviloin Dv7 that is having hardware issues (failed RAM chips, and failing battery, and some strange hardware quircks). So, a few months ago, I finally picked up my new Power Pavilion that has more processing power, RAM, and storage for 900 dollars - oh, and I forgot 4 gigabytes of dedicated graphics, my old HP had dedicated ATI Radeon graphics.

So, I will never buy Lenovo again, unless its on the ThinkPad Line, since my father has had no issues with the think pads except a broken screen hinge, but that laptop was 10 years old.

jimawe
What's DOS?
Views: 1,423
Message 5 of 5

Worst is an understatement.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors