Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovo187
Paper Tape
Views: 1,137
Message 1 of 7

X1 YOGA 3rd Gen battery not charging when laptop is shut down

Hi there,

I bought my X1 YOGA 3rd gen 2 weeks ago and I just noticed that the battery will not charge when the computer is shut down completely. Is this a new thing with the new model or is there something wrong with my thinkpad?

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,104
Message 2 of 7

Re: X1 YOGA 3rd Gen battery not charging when laptop is shut down

Mine charges when shut down.  Do you have thresholds set? 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
lenovo187
Paper Tape
Views: 1,084
Message 3 of 7

Thank you richk! I don't think so. I did not do anything or change any settings since the day I got this laptop.

lenovo187
Paper Tape
Views: 1,081
Message 4 of 7

To add to my comment above...I do see the light when its plugged in. I turned off my laptop when it was around 30% thinking it will still continue to charge. I left it for about 5-6 hours yesterday. And today when I turned it on, it is still sitting at 30% battery life. Strange. 

zaclab
Punch Card
Views: 965
Message 5 of 7

I just had the same issue.

Yesterday I left it charging at around 20% (shut down) and now I have seen the charging light is still on (amber color) so I turn it on and see that it is on 30%. This has not happened before. 

Now it seems to be charging. But it is very inconvenient if I can't trust it to be charged every time I leave it charging. Hope it doesn't happen again. 

Let's see.

Good luck everyone.

PPiotrek
What's DOS?
Views: 725
Message 6 of 7

Same issue. I got my X1 Yoga 3rd Gen last week and it hasn't charged once when turned off... I was looking for a fix in vain, guess I'm calling support tomorrowSmiley Sad

SyneRyder
Punch Card
Views: 673
Message 7 of 7

Did anyone find a solution for this?

I'm having this problem with my X1 Yoga 3rd Gen as well.  As long as the laptop is turned on and Windows is running, the devices will charge properly, but it won't charge after Shut Down. If I plug the 65W Lenovo charger in, the orange charging light is illuminated, but I notice the red light in the ThinkPad logo only blinks a few times and then turns off.

I've tried changing some BIOS settings, but so far no luck.  In particular, I thought enabling the Power On AC might do it, but that just causes the device to start Windows as soon as the AC is plugged in.  I also enabled Always-On-USB and that hasn't fixed things, neither has turning that feature off.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors