09-13-2018 06:13 AM
As the title says I have a random controller issue. When using the controller via bluetooth the buttons will sometimes change function. I believe this is a setting in the laptop that does not work well with Uplay.
System: Yoga 720 15" 4K screen, i7 processor, 1TB SSD, 24GB RAM (8 soldered, 16 in free slot)
Conditions for Causing the Failure:
- Playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands which is the only Ubisoft game on my Machine
- Connected via Bluetooth
- Happens almost always upon launching the game. I can use the keyboard to get the game started.
I must connect the controller via USB for it to function properly. Since it's a laptop that isn't a huge deal but it would be nice to be unteathered. Also I almost always game with a cooling pad under my machine. My core temps and untilizatoins are well within safe operational levels (which is why I switched back to a 720 from a 730...the 730 had terrible throttling issues).
This issue does not occur with Battlefield 1 on the Origin platform. It appears to be only an issue with Ghost Recon. The Yoga 730 I owned had similar specs and this issue did not occur on that machine. I'd like to purchase another Ubisoft game to see if this continues but I just don't see any that I'd like to buy at the moment.
Attempted Corrective Actions:
- I have updated the BIOS
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the XBox Controller Driver
- Uploaded XBox Accessories App but have not utilized it yet.
- Disabled / Enabled HID Compliant Controller (complete failure when this was disabled)
- As I said I can use a USB connection and the controller works perfectly.
Anyone else have issues like this and found a solution? I've checked the misimfornet and only found references of this occuring in Steam. Any help would be appreciated. Other than this I love this 720. Killer machine!