cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raminge
Blue Screen Again
Views: 319
Message 1 of 2

Y2P dim screen, caps lock indicator stuck on. Already disabled adaptive brighness... Warranty?

Hi guys. Recently bought my second Y2P, this one second hand.

Reason being my previous one was the 4GB i5 model, this one is the 8GB i7

Now I've noticed a few things when I compare them. Firstly, and most annoyingly, the screen on this one is significantly dimmer than on my previous one. When I put it it max brightness it's only a little brighter than half way on my older one. When I put the brightness all the way down the screen turns off...

I''ve already disabled auto dim in the battery settings, windows setting AND intel graphics control panel so I'm sure it's not down to that. I'm running the updated BIOS on both the systems also. This is unbelievably frustrating.

Another annoying thing is that the CAPS lock indicator light is always on. Apart from when I press a button, it turns off whilst anything is being pressed (on the keyboard). It does this as soon as the machine is switched on.

BIOS setting have been reverted to standard etc and nothing seems to be fixing any of it. I have also done a full reset of the machine on numerous occasions. Nothing.

One last niggle is that I've noticed that the touchpad is ever so slightly sunk in (something that I probably only noticed because I have another yoga to compare it to) and there is some play in the touchpad which I would have noticed this regardless.

Is it time to contact Lenovo warranty team? 

Sorry for the long post, and I'd really appreciate any advice!

raminge
Blue Screen Again
Views: 292
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y2P dim screen, caps lock indicator stuck on. Already disabled adaptive brighness... Warranty?

Just to keep the thread updated in case by any chance someone has similar problems...

I've contacted Lenovo who are saying it's likely a motherboard issue, I'll be getting a letter with details of how to arrange a courier to collect the system within the next few days. I'll let y'all know what comes of it!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors