France

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 96

*** YOGA 13 : BLACK SCREEN ***

2013-05-05, 9:01 AM

Help, mayday or what you want !!!!

LENOVO YOGA 13, Core I5, bought 23/03/2013....

When I press the power button, the power light and the capslock-lights light up and the fan starts, but nothing more : The screen stays black the entire time.

If I run the YOGA only on battery or on AC the problem remains the same...

Of course, I hold the power button down for 10 sec to force a full shutdown and then I press it again to startup. Always black screen...

I have tried the recovery key method a couple of times without success. Nothing appears, black screen, always...

I gently press all the touchs, like F12 or others... But nothing...

Before this problem, I did nothing special. I did not use the YOGA that has remained plugged in for 3 days.

How to work, especially since I have a lot of data on this computer ?

I am very disappointed, especially since I have spoken positively of the YOGA 13 on many French websites...

Solved! See the solution
Options

1 Posts

03-28-2013

Yangon

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 2 of 96

Yoga 13 Black Screen

2013-03-28, 15:19 PM

My Yoga 13 was working fine, it was great

After installing utorrent, it won't start and I am stuck in a black screen for two days

I can move the cursor and the controls like brightness and volume and screen duplication still can be seen on the screen but that was all.

Now I couldn't do anything and it would sleep when the lid closes.

I hope there would be a hard restart button or some other ways to work around.

Options

488 Posts

11-18-2012

Egypt

329 Signins

5740 Page Views

• Views: 5740
  • Message 3 of 96

Re: *** YOGA 13 : BLACK SCREEN ***

2013-05-06, 7:50 AM

Hi Schnaps,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Lenovo Community,

Am sorry that you’re facing this problem with your laptop and I’d like to help you with the issue that you’re facing,

Could you please disconnect the charger and turn off the machine and then please press and hold on the power for 20 seconds while the machine completely off and then turn on the machine and see the display.

Could you also check that the Function key F12 to make sure that the Display brightness isn’t at the lowest level?

Hope the information helps. Let us know.

Regards

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

05-07-2013

Hong Kong

5 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 4 of 96

2013-05-07, 2:37 AM
I'm afraid I am also experiencing the same problem as Schnaps. I usually leave the Yogo plugged in all the time, but recently, when I press the power on button, the caps lock flashes, fan starts and the power switch lights up, but then nothing displayed on the screen.

I did find that if I unplugged it and left it for an hour, I could then start it (discovered by testing just before I took it down to the Lenovo service centre) and it would run through normal restarts.

As there is no mechanical drive, and no drive access indicators, there’s no way to tell if anything is happening.

By the way, as you can see from the above, it is not to do with screen brightness or anything similar, so F12 does not help.
Options

11 Posts

04-11-2013

uk

10 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 5 of 96

2013-05-07, 6:13 AM

just a thought, there is also Function key F9 which turns the backlight on and off (works completely independently from brightness)

And there is Function key F10 which switches to external display. Might be worth connecting one up to the HDMI port to see if you can get anything out of that.

Options

5 Posts

05-07-2013

Hong Kong

5 Signins

16 Page Views

• Message 6 of 96

2013-05-08, 0:52 AM

Thanks for the thought aevans, but afraid F9 is not the culprit either. Am sure it has something to do with "overheating" as a new development yesterday, having left it unplugged for a period, it started okay, but then after a few minutes use, the screen went black again, power and charging light, as well as fan, all still active.

Looks like only option is trip to service center and then try and get it to repeat the symptoms for them...

Options

3 Posts

05-05-2013

France

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 7 of 96

2013-05-08, 9:13 AM

Hello,

I come back after a few days of vacation. It's good to see I'm not alone ...

@SESoha
" (...) Could you please disconnect the charger and turn off the machine and then please press and hold on the power for 20 seconds while the machine completely off and then turn on the machine and see the display. (...)"
As I wrote in my first post, I made these operations several times. In fact, before posting on the forum, I read and reread all the items on this problem.

@ aevans
Because I have read all items about this problem, I can confirm - like DRALPH - " it is not to do with screen brightness or anything similar, so F12 does not help", neither F9 or other...

In addition to all the advice I had read, I also left the lenovo discharge overnight. But when I had rebooted, still nothing, always this black screen ...

Before leaving on vacation and having just posted my first message, I turned on the lenovo (black screen) and I left it to discharge. He is discharged and remained so for three days.

"And today, this morning, miracle !?!... the computer restarts with "all" on the screen ...
I am currently doing a backup, but I'm no longer confident.
This problem is likely to start again and "the computer miracles" do not exist ...

How to avoid this problem again?

Options

1 Posts

05-14-2013

Washington

3 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 8 of 96

2013-05-14, 1:36 AM

I have this same issue, and cannot find a fix any suggestions?

Options

5 Posts

05-07-2013

Hong Kong

5 Signins

16 Page Views

• Message 9 of 96

2013-05-14, 4:42 AM

I took mine in to the Lenovo service center last Saturday and a few hours later they called to say it had been fixed. I think it's a known hardware fault, but will know more when I pick it up, maybe today. I will update after they tell me what was wrong.  I have a second one that's okay now but it doesn't get as much use as the one that failed... 

Options

5 Posts

05-07-2013

Hong Kong

5 Signins

16 Page Views

• Message 10 of 96

2013-05-14, 8:00 AM

A quick update and a lesson for all...just picked up my Yoga 13 from Lenovo service center. 

Repair results (quoted)

"Checked machine display dim, replaced LCD Panel, hinge cover and LID sensor board". 

So if you have this problem, even if intermittent, get it serviced by Lenovo BEFORE your warranty expires. Seems I was not the first person to have this problem, so be warned!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete