04-25-2016

NA

9 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 101 of 112

Re: YOGA 3 14 - How to reclaim my Esc key and permanently disable Paper Display

2016-05-03, 19:37 PM

I'll prepare a patch and send it to you. Never submit anything in kernel )

Options

79 Posts

12-26-2012

Chicago, IL

336 Signins

1440 Page Views

• Views: 1440
  • Message 102 of 112

2016-05-04, 23:45 PM

So is there no current solution for this on the Yoga 700 running Windows 10?

Options

6 Posts

04-25-2016

NA

9 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 103 of 112

2016-05-05, 14:27 PM

wrote:

So is there no current solution for this on the Yoga 700 running Windows 10?

For my Yoga 700 (under Windows 10) this solution works fine.

Options

4 Posts

05-03-2016

NL

5 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 104 of 112

2016-05-06, 9:47 AM

I found ut the next solution works for me.

I probably have a temporarely fix.

- press start button and type services.msc [enter

- search for YogaPLService en change it from automatic start to manual.

- Stop the service directly and test it.

For me this works for now.

Options

4 Posts

09-16-2016

AU

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 105 of 112

2016-09-16, 9:15 AM

Ok, here it is...

>>Grab the zip file

>> copy contents into a folder of your choosing (but I made one called "PaperDisplay" within that lenovo folder)

>> hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc Go to your task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del and select "Task Manager")and you should find an application running called Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost ( or something like that.. there might be 2 or more of that SAME process running).

>>Kill the those process(es) with the "End Task" button.

>> open your windows explorer (Windows key+E).

>>go to C:\Program Files\Lenovo\ImController\PluginHost and find the program (the exe file) and change its name (I changed it to "Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHostP.exe" so If that broke something I knew just to delete the key and everything would be hunky dory)

>>Restart you computer and make sure to have a quick muck around with your pc to make sure nothing is broken(I didn't so if your keyboard explodes I apologise...also send me a photo of it)

>>run that program sendEsc.exe

>>everything should be running fine, apparently there might be lag but I don't notice it any more than the normal keyboard itself...Happy using your computer...NORMALLY...LENOVO!

(to C:\Program Files\Lenovo\ImController\PluginHost

Options

4 Posts

09-16-2016

AU

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 106 of 112

Re: YOGA 700, Windows 10, Paper Display is an idiot, Use Esc properly...FIXED.

2016-09-16, 9:28 AM

No PaperDisplay to uninstall?

Lenovo designing great hardware with stupid flaws like REPLACING AN ESCAPE KEY WITH USELESS SOFTWARE ACTIVATION?

Ok, here it is... To get rid of PaperDisplay AND use the Esc key Properly :D.

>>Grab the zip file (Thank you Fanfold Paper). 

>> copy contents into a folder of your choosing (but I made one called "PaperDisplay" within that lenovo folder)

>> hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc Go to your task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del and select "Task Manager")and you should find an application running called Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost ( or something like that.. there might be 2 or more of that SAME process running).

>>go to ""C:\Program Files\Lenovo\ImController\PluginHost and find the program (the exe file) and change its name (I changed it to "Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHostP.exe" so If that broke something I knew just to delete the key and everything would be hunky dory).

>>Restart you computer and make sure to have a quick muck around with your pc to make sure nothing is broken(I didn't so if your keyboard explodes I apologise...also send me a photo of it)

>>everything should be running fine, apparently there might be lag but I don't notice it any more than the normal keyboard itself...Happy using your computer...NORMALLY...

Options

4 Posts

09-16-2016

AU

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 107 of 112

Re: YOGA 700, Windows 10, Paper Display is an idiot, Use Esc properly...FIXED.

2016-09-16, 9:33 AM

Lenovo designing great hardware with stupid flaws like REPLACING AN ESCAPE KEY WITH USELESS SOFTWARE ACTIVATION?

Ok, here it is... To get rid of PaperDisplay AND use the Esc key Properly :D.

>>Grab the zip file (Thank you Fanfold Paper). 

>>go to ""C:\Program Files\Lenovo\ImController\PluginHost and find the program (the exe file) and change its name (I changed it to "Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHostP.exe" so If that broke something I knew just to delete the key and everything would be hunky dory).

>>everything should be running fine, apparently there might be lag but I don't notice it any more than the normal keyboard itself...Happy using your computer...NORMALLY...LENOVO! Hint Hint...Lenovo!

Options

4 Posts

09-16-2016

AU

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 108 of 112

2016-09-16, 9:34 AM

Ok, here it is... To get rid of PaperDisplay AND use the ESC key Properly :D.

>>Grab the zip file 

>>go to C:\Program Files\Lenovo\ImController\PluginHost and find the program (the exe file) and change its name (I changed it to "Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHostP.exe" so If that broke something I knew just to delete the key and everything would be hunky dory)

>>everything should be running fine, apparently there might be lag but I don't notice it any more than the normal keyboard itself...Happy using your computer...NORMALLY...LENOVO!

Options

4 Posts

07-05-2016

GB

9 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 109 of 112

YOGA 3 14 - How to enter Bios

2016-11-12, 9:47 AM

I want run an emulator but need to enable visualization in the bios first. I have tried pressing the novo key and escaape keys but no luck. How do i get into the bios mode on this laptop? thanks

Options

2 Posts

03-04-2017

US

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 110 of 112

2017-03-04, 0:34 AM

After being satisfied with sendesc for a while I started getting esc and the paper display keys at the same time. I had to uninstall "lenovo system interface foundation" from programs and features to stop that. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete