Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laia_gallego
Paper Tape
Views: 22,195
Message 1 of 9

YOGA 3 PRO: not turning on "blinking keyboard"

Hi!

I got this laptop december 2014, it worked nice until one day it decided not to turn on, instead of this, the laptop shows sleep-mode behaviour (blinking keyboard, black screen) but without waking up. It initiates randomly, key-combination doesn't work, nor pushing windows key. Additionally, if I turn off by pressing the power button and try to turn on again, it keeps to be in sleeping mode. If is turned off again and the one key recovery is pushed, nothing happens, same sleep-mode reaction. I contacted technnical assistance in Spain, they were really kind and quick taking the call. As suggested I restored the system to fabric condicions (when I got my laptop turned on and through the windows 8.1 menu restoring to initial configuration option). It seemed to solve the problem but just for few re-starts. After using the computer about 10 times (I mean, turning off and turning on the laptop), the same problem appeared. I called again technnical assistance, today they are picking up my laptop at home because I'm still warranty covered, I hope to get my 1600€ laptop working well again soon.

Just wanted to share this situation with other lenovo users who can be in the same situation. In my case, I'm not using this laptop as a primary computer, that's maybe why it took so long to detect/appear this problem.

I already tested updating bios, drivers, energy configuration... Nothing worked up to date. I found another person having the same issue (http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/836232-yoga-3-pro-screen-blank-keyboard-flashing-power-light-f... however I hope to have a better end than she had.

I'll keep you updated about this situation.

pastafarian
Token Ring
Views: 22,111
Message 2 of 9

Re: YOGA 3 PRO: not turning on "blinking keyboard"

It sounds like a hardware failure to me. Though not comforting to you, this is the first report of this type of failure I've seen and the 3 pro has been out quite a while. I hope you get a favorable resolution!
laia_gallego
Paper Tape
Views: 22,100
Message 3 of 9

Yes I think so! I hope to get back soon my laptop without problems!   T_T By the way, except for this issue, yoga 3 pro is great.

laia_gallego
Paper Tape
Views: 22,033
Message 4 of 9

My laptop was 3 weeks away from home, but came back with a new mother board which was the problem for not turning on and not charging correctly.

trondalex
Paper Tape
Views: 22,007
Message 5 of 9

I'm experiencing exactly what you describe. I bought my Yoga 3 Pro 6 months ago. That was after I returned at the shop with my Yoga 2 which had the same issue (however just 3 days after i bought it).

In the last months I have experienced that it won't wake up after hibernation if the battery power was weak. My solution then was to hold the power button for 20 secs. Lay down the screen, waited for some minutes while charging and then I could start it.
When my Yoga 3 now did not start with a backlit keyboard flashing, I remembered my previous Yoga 3 had the same problem. I think a repair service or a complete new laptop is covered by the guarantee.

sandrylu
What's DOS?
Views: 19,385
Message 6 of 9

I'm having the same issue. it shhows like it has been solved, but it hasn't.... please help!!!

amsshaw
What's DOS?
Views: 18,648
Message 7 of 9

My Lenovo yoga3 does not start. When turning on keyboard blinks but laptop will not start.

Is there any recommended steps?  

ahotaro
What's DOS?
Views: 13,223
Message 8 of 9

I had exactly the issue described here. I opened the back cover and disconnected battery as shared online. I pressed and held power button for 20+ seconds as suggested online. With the battery disconnected, I plugged the power adapter. Right after I plugged in the power adapter, keyboard and power button started blinking again. I pressed and held power button for 20+ seconds and wait until no more blinking keyboard. Then I adjusted display angle while pressing power button on. Finally, I got to see Lenovo trademark. Anyway, my speculation now is that the yoga flexibility is the hole for introducing the blinking keyboard issue. If you encounter the same issue, I suggest you adjust your display angles at different angles while pressing power button to power on. After experience three times keyboard blinking with no power on three time in a week, I finally figured out this solution. Hopefully, it helps other people. 

tyng98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,420
Message 9 of 9

I have a yogo 2 pro, it's 3.5 years.  I also have the blinking problem.  I tried all the suggestions, except taking it apart.  I finally took to a repair shop which told me the motherboard is dead.  I tried to contact Lenovo customer service but as soon as they found it was out of warranty they would not talk to me.   One individual said that I should only expect the laptop to last 3 to 5 years.  I finally wrote a letter to the Lenovo US hq, but doubt that I will ever hear from them.  I liked the laptop when it worked, I am outraged that Lenovo would sell such an unreliable computer.  I would not consider a Lenovo machine again.

Top Kudoed Authors