Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edrickson
Paper Tape
Views: 197
Message 1 of 3

YOGA 51014ISK - Keyboard internal cable coming loose

This is not the first time this has happened, where having opened the laptop to tablet mode, a cable appears to have come loose. This means that the laptop no longer recognises that the laptop is back to laptop mode, so it doesn't reactivate the keyboard. Lenovo last time fixed this saying it was a fault with the assembly, but it has happened again, this time out of the 12 month warranty, and 3 months since it last happened. I really expected better quality of manufacture and the repair seems to have been very poor. This is my work laptop and the only computer I got, and any time spent without it is crippling to my work. I am currently using an external keyboard, which means working on the move is very inconvenient.

I have a YOGA 51014ISK

Is there a way for me to ask Lenovo to fix their repair mistake? I seem unable to find a proper way to contact/complain regarding this. I am not happy that I have to pay for repairs again for the exact same issue so quickly after the last "fix". 

Otherwise, is there a repair guide I can follow to fix this myself? I didn't see one, and I'll need to reconnect the keyboard wire inside.

Thanks for your time.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 186
Message 2 of 3

Re: YOGA 51014ISK - Keyboard internal cable coming loose

Your description sounds more like an operating system problem, not recognizing a sensor.  Obviously, I cannot see the machine so I cannot be sure.

manual:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga_510-14ast_510-14isk_510-15isk_510-14ikb_510-15...

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Edrickson
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 3 of 3

Re: YOGA 51014ISK - Keyboard internal cable coming loose

Thanks RichK, i will take a look. Odds are I will need to suck it up and just pay for repairs. If it not what I thought, and it's what you thought, or something else, then I dont want to cause more damage than good.

Cheers bud

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors