Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RHSD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,258
Message 1 of 6

YOGA 520 Better Screen Colors and Scaling

I recently bough Yoga 520 laptop but screen colors felt washed, reddish and dim. So I used Intel Graphics Settings to calibrate the colors. If you have the same complaints you might want to use these settings. These are my personal opinions and settings may differ screen to screen.

• Navigate to Intel Graphics Control Panel> Display >  Color Settings
  • Set Hue to 5 and Saturation to 40
  • Select color red and set brightness to -1
  • Select color green and set brightness to 7
  • Select color blue and set brightness to 6
  • Then save this as a profile so you wont lose it.

I also found the gamma a little bit high. To calibrate gamma, search "Color Management"  and launch it. Go to Advanced tab and under Display Calibration press "Calibrate Display". Adjust your display as it is shown BUT skip color balance, it overrides intel settings. If it changes you can load your profile with Intel Graphics Control Panel.

Now about scaling, right click at your desktop and select Display Settings then find "Advanced Scaling Settings". Set it to 125, apply and logout. By setting scaling percent to 125 at Advanced Scaling Settings we can get rid of that annoying blurry texts and get proper scaling.

This one is not about the screen but I highly recommend updating all drivers with Lenovo Vantage. There is also a bios update at Lenovo's website (Search for your model and its at drivers tab under bios, other drivers are included in Vantage). Updates lowered my laptops temps about 5 °C.

I hope I could help. If you have any questions, just ask.

oyuncu
What's DOS?
Views: 4,160
Message 2 of 6

Re: YOGA 520 Better Screen Colors and Scaling

Thanks. This was really helpful. The colour of my Lenovo screen was too orange and I was disappointed. I tried doing the colour calibration of Windows, but that still wasn't good. Using your technique has made it so much better. Thanks.
RHSD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,131
Message 3 of 6

You are welcome. Enjoy it Smiley Happy
Devruwan
What's DOS?
Views: 3,968
Message 4 of 6

you are a legend. i was trying everything but this ones the best. thanks heaps
RHSD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,398
Message 5 of 6

So after a little bit more tweaking and troubleshooting, I found that changing gamma from Windows 10 Color Management causes flickers when an input is connected/disconnected or WiFi Bluetooth etc turned on/off because Windows 10 refreshes devices and this causes color profile to refresh too. Instead of using w10 color profiles I created another intel setting to calibrate colors and gamma better than the first one.

• Set Hue to 7 and Saturation to 33
  • Select color red (Do not use All Colors) and set brightness to -12 and contrast to 51
  • Select color green and set brightness to -4 and contrast to 51
  • Select color blue and set brightness to -5 and contrast to 51
  • Then apply and save this as a profile.
RHSD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,094
Message 6 of 6

So after further tweaking, this is 99% my final colour setting. I think this is the closest (for myself) I could reach for proper colour correction.

These tweakings were made at %100 screen brightness.

• Set Hue to 0 and Saturation to 15
  • Select colour red (Do not use All Colors) and set brightness to 3 and contrast to 51
  • Select colour green and set brightness to 8 contrast to 51
  • Select colour blue and set brightness to 7 and contrast to 51
  • Then apply and save this as a profile.

I still don't know if this one is the "right" one. But after countless hours of comparing tons of images from another device to this laptop, I think this is the best one so far, at least for my laptop's screen. If these settings don't work for you, you can always take this as a starting point and correct your screen from there.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors