Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swornakar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 307
Message 1 of 4

YOGA 700 AC Adaptor

I recently bough this YOGA-700. Was so excited about it until I got it. Looking at Lenovo's design and product quality - this one falls too short. I was not expecting this from Lenovo. TO be honest I don't like this at all. My 5 year old laptop works and feels much better than this one.

Most disappointing - the AC charger. I covers the whole charging point. you can't use anything elese together with this charger. Did anyone else had the same issue. Do they have any better chargers for this model? Will they replace it for better one? I don't know what to say about person who designed this?? Smiley Sad

Guru
Views: 284
Message 2 of 4

Re: YOGA 700 AC Adaptor

The Yoga 700 is a performance laptop, designed for people on the go. Therefore, the power brick is a bit larger than your average phone charger, because your computer has a powerful CPU, and most likely a GPU as well. This is the same case for all laptops in this range, from any computer company. What do you not like about it specially? I have the Yoga 900, and I love the design!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

swornakar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 255
Message 3 of 4

Well, I don't know how your charger looks like. But I definately don't like mine. I don't mind how big it is, the problem is the way someone choose to design it. If you look at it, the power pins are at the middle and because of that it covers the entire charging point. Since its in the middle, no matter you use the upper or lower part of AC port, it covers the entire place, and you can't use the other one.

I have seen other chargers (apple, surface and other ), they have these charging pins at one edge of charger. That makes possible to use both charging points in wall. Hope that makes sense.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 241
Message 4 of 4

Yep, this is a design issue, and it's been brought to the attention of Lenovo. Earlier designs of the power adaptor had the pins at the edge, but the current design has moved them to the middle of the block for some reason, with the results that you see.

Hopefully, the next design iteration will address the pin placement and restore harmony...

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors