Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
popy
Punch Card
Views: 1,291
Message 11 of 14

Re: YOGA 700 Yoga Mode Control high CPU usage in Rundll32

Use the latest YMC. This fixed the issue for me on my yoga 900.

pOpY

snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 1,051
Message 12 of 14

I know I'm late to the party, but I was annoyed at the constant 0.5% CPU usage by YMC and happened up this thread.

I'm using the Yoga 720 15". I figured disabling YMC would break the orientation sensor, but it didn't. I see that the on-screen keyboard doesn't pop up automatically when I touch a text input field, oh well. I just hit the sytem tray icon for the keyboard, no big deal.

I already disabled tablet mode on day 1 because I hate not having access to the desktop, and the taskbar hiding stuff was also annoying. Not sure what benefits I'm missing from disabling tablet mode really...

Sure, it only uses 3% - 4% of one core, but it's constant and unrelenting. Not really worth it to me, just to have an automatic onscreen keyboard. Am I missing any other features that YMC gives us?

Defacta
Punch Card
Views: 223
Message 13 of 14

Same as TokenRing.

It's a shame that such a process for so few needs takes 3% of CPU all the time!!! Really a shame and I say it as a developper.

To stop it definitively:

Go to services.msc, look for YMC, then have the Status to Stopped, and Startup Type to Disabled or Manual.

What happen on stopping it?

Windows 10 takes care of disabling the keyboard or flipping the display by itself, you don't need the Lenovo service.

thomasmicheal
What's DOS?
Views: 98
Message 14 of 14

@Defacta wrote:
Same as TokenRing.

It's a shame that such a process for so few needs takes 3% of CPU all the time!!! Really a shame and I say it as a developper.

To stop it definitively:

Go to services.msc, look for YMC, then have the Status to Stopped, and Startup Type to Disabled or Manual.

What happen on stopping it?

Windows 10 takes care of disabling the keyboard or flipping the display by itself, you don't need the Lenovo service.

Thanks, my laptop can finally breath again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors