Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sreeram_Myneni
What's DOS?
Views: 645
Message 1 of 5

YOGA 710 15IKB Touch not working

Hi Team,

I'm facing issue with my Yoga laptop touch screen. There is a severe lag in the left side of the screen, works fine for right portion of the screen. Screen starts flickering after sometime ( Ghost touch Issue). I have updated all the drivers incuding BIOS but still the issue persists.

I'm running on Windows 10 Home edition. Let me know if any details are required.

Thanks in advance. Hope so issue gets resolved ASAP.

Sreeram Myneni.

Sreeram_Myneni
What's DOS?
Views: 643
Message 2 of 5

Re: YOGA 710 15IKB Touch not working

I have observed one more thing, touch works fine when it is in tablet mode. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 614
Message 3 of 5

So, no problem in tablet mode?  Makes me suspect the keyboard or touchpad since both are shut off in tablet mode.

Probably a silly thing to suggest, but have you spilled anything on the keyboard our touchpad?  I'd first try hitting the keyboard with some compressed air or light vacuum to remove any dirt that's creating some phantom key presses. Ditto the touchpad.

Try shutting off the touchpad and work with an external mouse. See if that resolves it. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Sreeram_Myneni
What's DOS?
Views: 564
Message 4 of 5

Hi Doctordon, 

Thanks for your reply.

This is a brand new laptop and nothing has spilled on it. I have updated to the latest BIOS but still facing the issue. 

Tested whether all my keyboard keys are functioning as expected and it is to the expectation. 

Currently i have switched of the touch screen option, and using the key board and touch pad, it resolved my issue. 

But i want to use my Touch screen also, please let me know if there are any other options to resolve the issue. 

Thanks,

Sreeram Myneni.

gregka
Punch Card
Views: 509
Message 5 of 5

Have a touch screen issue with only the Yoga 710 that may relate somehow, try Microsoft Edge, it works just fine here. Tried an Acer, no issue, so it looks like it is a bug in the Yoga 710 series. If your issue happens regardless and the screen is in perfect shape you should return it. Also see another post on the exact same problem I am having: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/PedGu6fROSY;context-place=topicsearchin/chrome...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors