Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SofiSoho
Paper Tape
Views: 692
Message 1 of 4

YOGA 710 does not turn on alone

I recently bought my Lenovo Yoga 710-14ISK and i realised 3 days ago that it won't turn on unless the charging cable is plugged in. 

I tried it earlier, pressing the power button resulted in no reaction at all. The LED next to it didn't flash or anything. I tried holding it for 30 sec and nothing happened. 

As soon as I plugged in the charging cable the LED next to the socket turned on. I pressed the power button and turned on the laptop without any problems. 

Battery charge was at 67%. 

I then turned it off again and tried to turn it on again without the charging cable, did not work. Only with the charging cable plugged in. Battery chage was the same after I turned it on again. 

Runs perfectly fine without charging cable as soon as it is tuned on. 

Help please :-)

Guru
Views: 643
Message 2 of 4

Re: YOGA 710 does not turn on alone

Hi. welcome to the forum

That is a very strange behaviour, since once it will boot (Plugged to the wall) and it keep working without being plugged, so maybe it is not an issue with the battery.  How long is the battery keeping the charge, does it discharge very fast? or works normally?

If it is a hardware issue, I don't think there is a different alternative than opening a formal ticket to Lenovo to check it.

Some idea that involve some issue with firmware is updating the BIOS to the latest available release: BIOS Update for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Yoga 710-14ISK, Yoga 710-15ISK (Sadly does not list on the readme if it fix something related to your issue). Please validate that this BIOS applies to your model.

My other idea is to update the Power Management driver (Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) ...), and force Windows to make a full shut down.

I hope this can give you some hints.

Regards

Note to Moderator: Please move this thread to Lenovo Yoga Series Notebooks

Moderator note: moved.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

SofiSoho
Paper Tape
Views: 626
Message 3 of 4

Thank you very much for your reply. 

My BIOS is updated and I installed the Power Management Drive as well but nothing changed. 

Are there any other options I could try before I have to send in the laptop to lenovo? 

Could there be a correlation between this problem and the charging slot on the right hand side of the laptop with which I started charging my phone over night with the laptop closed? 

Or is that rather unlikely? 

Thank you very much for you help! 

Guru
Views: 618
Message 4 of 4

Hi.

The other idea that came to my mind is some kind of setting on the BIOS configuration of the machine. But I haven't hear of any strange conbination of settings on the BIOS that makes your computer only turn on when it is plugged to the power. Maybe a last try will be to go inside the BIOS, and reset the configuration to the "factory settings" (The BIOS, not Windows), or maybe before it trying to play with the "USB power - Always On" feature on the BIOS.

I'm out of more ideas here.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors