US

3 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 3

YOGA 730 HDMI audio PCM dropouts with 2 ch music files

2019-03-12, 0:05 AM

Hello,
I have a new 2019 Lenovo YOGA 730 2-in-1 15.6" laptop with Windows 10 (latest patch, March, 2019). The YOGA has a PLEX media server and the PLEX Media Player (PMP) installed. All my 2 ch music files (FLAC, WAV, MP3) are on the YOGA. PLEX Media Player transcodes the music file and then transmits stereo PCM over HDMI to the my home theater receiver. The YOGA uses the Intel Display Audio device/driver to output audio over the HDMI cable. I have set the home theater receiver to output stereo to the home theater speakers. I am using the "PC" HDMI input on the back of the receiver.

In general, i can listen to music files on YOGA for several hours without any audio dropouts. But every few hours there will be an audio dropout for about 1 or 2 seconds. The digital LCD display on front of the home theater receiver will flash and the "Stereo" will disappear for a second or two and then reappear. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of 2 ch music file (FLAC, WAV etc) and it doesn't seem to matter what the resolution (fidelity) of the audio file is. If I use the PLEX player app to rewind the music track back a few seconds to just before the audio dropout timeframe, there is no dropout the second time around. Again, a dropout will occur once every couple hours but it is annoying. The Blu-Ray player and the Roku devices connected to my receiver also use HDMI cables and they do not experience any audio dropouts but they do not transmit PCM across their HDMI cable to reciever. I don't think it is YOGA getting busy with some other task for a few seconds. It is not the HDMI cabe.

YOGA driver versions are as follows:

Intel UHD Graphics 620

Driver Date      : 9/14/2018

Driver Version : 24.20.100.6344

Intel Display Audio

Driver Date      : 9/4/2018

Driver Version : 10.26.0.1

thanks

Brendan

Options

1702 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4444 Signins

42446 Page Views

• Views: 42446
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: YOGA 730 HDMI audio PCM dropouts with 2 ch music files

2019-03-12, 15:06 PM

Does this happen when you're playing music on the Yoga without it being connected to anything?  Also try playing it with the Yoga connected to an HDTV (bypassing the receiver).

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Options

2 Posts

03-11-2019

US

3 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: YOGA 730 HDMI audio PCM dropouts with 2 ch music files

2019-03-13, 0:48 AM

Those are good suggestions. Tonight i am going to try a different DELL laptop with HDMI and see if playback is better (no dropouts).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save