Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thegreatone9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,160
Message 1 of 5

YOGA 730 Tablet Mode Keyboard disappearing

Hello,

It's been a little more than a week that I purchased this Lenovo Yoga 730-13". In tablet mode, the onscreen keyboard disappears/becomes invisible randomly and doesn't come back at all except with a total pc restart. This is a serious issue as I needed a 2in1 laptop and its tablet feature. Can Lenovo Support please assist me in dealing with this?

Regards,

Musa

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,134
Message 2 of 5

Re: YOGA 730 Tablet Mode Keyboard disappearing

Hi thegreatone9,

Welcome to the community Forums.

Please try reinstalling the Lenovo Yoga Mode Control.

You may download it here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ (enter the serial number, drivers and software, select software and utilities). Update us how it goes. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

thegreatone9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,122
Message 3 of 5

Hello!

Thanks for getting back. I had already downloaded and installed Lenovo Yoga Mode Control and after your reply I tried doing it again but installer said that I already have it installed. I don't think it helped even after I had installed it the first time. Once the tablet mode keyboard crashes and disappears it doesn't come back except with a restart. The screenshot shows where I got it from: 

Capture.PNG

thegreatone9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,119
Message 4 of 5

Hello!

Ok so I just checked the processes tab in Windows Task Manager (while tablet virtual keyboard is in invisible, non-responsive, crashed state) and I found 2 processes which I thought might be relevant: i)Microsoft Text Input Application (its properties option shows this name: InputApp_cw5n1h2txyewy)and ii) Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel (TabTip). Because I myself felt it was a 'crash' (i.e. the virtual tablet keyboard disappears randomly and just wouldn't reappear except with a pc restart so that's what I meant by it crashing) I thought if I END these processes and then have them restarted by thereafter going to tablet mode again, maybe the keyboard would finally appear again? 

Although I tried terminating the 2nd process first, thereafter ending the first process that I mentioned seems to have done the trick: when I then went to tablet mode, the virtual keyboard finally came back. 

But clearly, the software/process behind this virtual keyboard is very unstable as it seems to crash quite easily, even without the laptop doing anything heavy. What should I do about that?

Screenshots:

302fb3e3-de97-46ad-a67f-43794ef24d0c.png890bbf16-59b7-4233-85a2-18fb92a92e10.pngCapture.PNG

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,117
Message 5 of 5

Hello there! Could you please download Lenovo Vantage tool https://lnv.gy/2AKG7qi install it and then run for driver updates scan. After that, install all the result and then check if you will still have the same issue. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors