Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irwinners
What's DOS?
Views: 4,990
Message 11 of 205

Re: YOGA 730 flickering, Screen blicking

I'm having this issue too.  It happens randomly and sometimes makes my computer unusable.  If I move the screen it will go away and come back.  I've had the computer about a month and a half.

Lisapjs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,884
Message 12 of 205

Same wih mine and I called tech support 3 times. BIOS update it went away for two days now its back. Only had it for 4 months 

dsburdette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,843
Message 13 of 205

We're continuing to have this problem and Lenovo wants me to do a full system restore but I'm not certain that's going to fix the issue. They're convinced it's not a hardware issue because it doesn't flicker in the BIOS but I'm not in the BIOS setup screen long enough for it to possibly flicker. As we all know, the computer seems to work for awhile before going wonky again.

One reason I think it's a hardware issue is because we bought TWO of the same computer for both of my daughters and the other one is not having any issues at all. They are brand new computers with only two applications installed so far on both computers (Autodesk SketchBook and FireAlpaca).

Interestingly enough, I can stop the flickering by applying light pressure to the screen in the lower left – right above the hinge area. I'm then able to interact with Windows but as soon as I lift my thumb from the lower left of the screen it flickers and goes black.

Are any of you able to also stop the flickering while touching the screen?

Dean101
Paper Tape
Views: 4,823
Message 14 of 205

Have you tried opening it up and see what’s wrong inside? Could there be some components loosely attached?

Highlighted
dsburdette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,821
Message 15 of 205

I'd prefer not to do that right with the laptop under warranty. I did speak with Lenovo Support last night and have shipped my unit back to them today since they agreed it must be a hardware issue now.

Interestingly, I found that I can also stop the flickering by pressing on the lid side by the same hinge so I don't even need to be pressing the screen itself. You do need to hold your hand in place but at least you can still interact with Windows to close programs, save work, etc.
batyskaw
What's DOS?
Views: 4,793
Message 16 of 205

Hi! I resend the flickering laptop on warranty and they changed motherboard, some issue with power managment. Now its ok. 

zunny
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,723
Message 17 of 205

Thanks alot for your reply.

I am currently using it with additional monitor, since i have to use my laptop every day so i could not send it to lenovo to fix it.

Also one more thing:

If i use it with external GPU and turned offed the internal gpu, the flickring problem is fixed. 

By the way, thanks for your replies and i will also going to repair it and comment it here.

kjn77
Paper Tape
Views: 4,692
Message 18 of 205

I'm facing the same issue on a Yoga 730 13" purchased just a month back. The screen flicker started from the 4th day itself. I attempted updating drivers and also all fixes recommended here. I was kept on hold by Tech support for an hour post which I was told they can't return the system, but can repair it. I really don't want to keep this system anymore(it's 35 days old). Lenovo is shipping substandard machines. Atrocious tech support and also purchase experience.

jagrutit
Paper Tape
Views: 4,658
Message 19 of 205

I have the same issue. Since the day I bought this laptop from USA, it's flickering.  Also, it goes completely white sometimes. Need to restart it several times.

I am in Stockholm now, and it's in warranty period. If the problem is with many laptops, Lenovo should reconsider the product and replace our laptops.

kjn77
Paper Tape
Views: 4,657
Message 20 of 205

I can't agree more. I was on call with them again today and it seems they have escalated my case. They seem to be saying they will repair it, but not replace it or offer a refund. After this experience,  and the fact that this is a common issue in the 730 series, they should offer a refund or new laptops until the customers are satisified. I would encourage other's to escalte this matter as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors